“stay review”

Sofitel London Gatwick
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,283)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed there for the 3rd time as was travelling from the North Terminal, I will in future use the Hilton as their service is far better in the restaurant and bars. The Sofitel rooms are OK and nicely decorated but they really let you down with their service. I went into the bar area for a quick drink in the evening, it wasn't overly busy and I was asked by a waitress to take a seat and she would come and take my order. She unfortunately never returned and I was left for 20 minutes just sitting and waiting for someone to serve me. In the end I gave up and walked upstairs to the upper bar area, unfortunately the bar man was on his own and said he would be a while as he 8 other drinks to make first of all. On looking over the balcony back to the first bar the staff were just standing around chatting to each other. I gave up and got the monorail over to the Hilton where I was served immediately. I'll not use the hotel again due to the staff there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank americansunshine
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. I must apologise that you were not served straight away in our bars. I have passed your comments onto our Food and Beverage Operations Manager, who is currently looking into the situation and has ensured that the necessary retraining of our ambassadors has been put into place.

I do hope that you will give is another chance to better serve you in the future. Please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com the next time you are travelling through Gatwick and they will ensure you have a more enjoyable stay.

Devon
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel many times and found it very comfortable and convenient when I have an early flight to catch. However on my last trip, there were 2 adults and a child in the room, so for the first time ever, we had to use the fold-out sofa bed.

What a shocker! It was old, worn,tatty, and grubby. The foam stuffing was poking out in places and didn't look as if it was of a fire resistant standard. It was hard as a rock, and the metal frame hurt the backs of your legs if you tried to sit on the edge of the bed. I didn't want to put my child in it, to be honest you'd think twice about using it as a dogs bed !

Come on Sofitel, this just isn't acceptable, it's about time you threw those sofa beds on the bonfire. Based on my previous visits, I would have given the hotel a four star rating, but after seeing that awful sofa bed I was severely tempted to mark it down to two.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologise that you found your stay not up to our usual standards. I will of course pass your comments onto our Housekeeping department, who will look into the matter of our sofa beds; however I can assure you that they are safe to use.

I appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com the next time you stay and they will ensure a more comfortable stay for you and your family.

Port of Spain
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Location of hotel could not be more convenient. Check in and out was quick and without any hassles. Staff, service was first class. Bar and restaurant were also very good. Could not find fault with anything---highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
We thank you for posting your comments relating to your most recent stay at the hotel. Guest feedback enables us to continually review our service delivery and standards and make changes wherever possible.

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found our hospitality and facilities to your satisfaction.

We look forward to you returning to the hotel and our Guest Relations Team can be contacted on H6204-GR@sofitel.com ahead of any future stay to assist with any specific requirements.

Sidcup, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

basically if you want to be next to the airport and enjoy a good night sleep in a nice room this is your hotel. however there is no room service/pool. facilities are somehow disappointing but i enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for posting your comments relating to your most recent stay at the hotel. Guest feedback enables us to continually review our service delivery and standards and make changes wherever possible.

We are pleased that you had a good night sleep and that the location of our hotel suited your needs, we are however sorry to learn about your disappointment with regards to not having a pool at our hotel.