Hilton London Gatwick south terminal
  • Pool
$146
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley(Crawley)(Great Value!)
$83
$77
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
$81
$109
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
8,217 results
All reviewsgarden restaurantthe executive loungesouth terminalnew wingdeluxe rooman early flightsports barcar parknext morningairport hotelcovered walkwayunder coverfamily roomcosta coffeestayed for one nightan overnight staygood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed 2 nights (one when going to Orlando and one when coming back) and it was terrible.
We asked for a crib and had to aske it over and over the 2 times.
The rooms were not ready the 2 times even if we had requested early check in.
Air conditioning was not working the second time and it was really hot in the room (we could not sleep).
I will NOT recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed on the night of the 10th June 2012 the night before flying to Spain. We were provided with a smkoing room, at our own request. However, the room was VERY stuffy and poorly ventilated with a window that was designed not to open. On a positive note the hotel is very close to the south terminal and an easy walk to it, avoiding the need to use a shuttle bus at extra cost. We also had a package deal that included a buffet style evening meal. This was excellent value but drinks were not included and were pricey, though to be fair most airport hotel drinks are very expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with good ventitlation.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarryCornwall
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed one night prior to an early flight : So convenient for South Terminal.

Had a 3 course buffet meal : lovely choices - the sea bass and a glorious sauce were fantastic.German,female Matre De ( Spelling !?) was most welcoming !

The room was well equipped and very comfortable.

This was our 4 time staying there and it will not be our last.

Room Tip: ask for second floor room,facing the foyer : you can see all the comings and goings without any nloise !
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beachandsea
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Used this hotel as had a very early flight time the following morning. Rather expensive for one night, but is ideally located being just a couple of minutes walk to the south terminal via a covered walkway. However, if you need to park overnight, as we did, having previously booked meet and greet parking from early the following morning, you will have to pay to park your car in one of the neighbouring car parks overnight, as the Hilton does NOT have its own car park. This is fairly costly and although the receptionist offered to refund 20% of the difference if we used Europarks, they were full, and so we had to find an alternative. Room was ok if a little tatty, was spacious, and had usual tea/coffee making facilities and was also soundproofed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsA7
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I booked into a standard room, and was given a big pitch at check-in for the £30 upgrade package, which I was told would have a "really nice... it's a MUCH nicer room... it's our BEST room", etc., access to the Executive Club (appies and a drink at check-in, and continental breakfast), and internet.

I was completely underwhelmed by my room in the new wing of the hotel after the big buildup. It was nice enough, but nothing particularly special. On the morning of check-out, I saw inside a room in the original section that had the door wide open for cleaning. It was exactly the same! When I questioned Front Desk about this at check out, the clerk conceded that the rooms were identical, but were better because they were in the new section of the hotel.

There was a very well-stocked mini bar with a sign saying that it's electronically monitored and anything will be automatically charged to your room. But how much? There was no mention of any pricing in the in-room materials or on/in the fridge.

I commented on this on the comment card (and commented on my upgrade fee issue on the card and at front desk upon check-out). In spite of asking to be contacted, I haven't been after three weeks, so I am assuming that these are intentional tactics that they have no interest in changing.

The location was convenient to the train and airport, and I highly recommend an airport hotel the night before travel -- but this is not the hotel. Next time I will try the Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo