“Disappointing for the price”

Toby Carvery Langley Green
Ranked #65 of 281 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Langley Green. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Crawley’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

The food is adequate. The meat portion is small and I hate that they hike the price up for a Sunday carvery when the quantity and selection is exactly the same as during the week. The vegetables weren't very hot and the peas were dry. The staff were ok, but the guy serving the meat clearly didn't want to be there

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Langley Green, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you for your review, we like to hear of any issue that guests are not happy with, this is so we can strive to improve. Hopefully we will see you again soon

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Went for a Sunday roast with my husband and my son at Toby Langley Green, we had booked on line for two o'clock, we had to wait for our table, then when we did get to sit at our table it was dirty, there was no cutlery laid, we had to ask a waiter to take our order and was told someone will be over soon, we waited about fifteen minutes, and a waiter came over and we went and got our roast, when we got back to the table there was still no cutlery, i asked a waiter could we have our cutlery, and she eventually came back with some, about ten minutes later, by this time my meat was stone cold, and so was my son's and husband's, it was busy in the restaurant, but there was ample staff, but the service was terrible, we finished our roasts, and it was not all that, the meat was cold, and the beef was tasteless and fatty, the veg was fine. we decided to order pudding's, so we managed to get a waiters attention and asked can we order some sweets, she said she would come back and take our order, we waited ages, so i asked another waiter, and he took our order, but that took ages to arrive, and my son's apple crumble was stone cold, and had so much cinnamon in it you could not taste anything else. i drank diet Pepsi, and it was very watery, i mentioned it to the waiter, and got it changed, but he shouted to another member of staff that the Pepsi needs changing, and it took again ages to arrive, we decided to go, so we asked can we pay our bill, again we were made to wait ages before someone came over, we asked three members of staff before we paid our bill, I used the toilet before we left, they stink, there are three toilets there, one had out of order on the door, and the one i used, you could not lock the door, so i had to hold the door while i had my wee. myself and my Husband have eaten at Windsor Toby before, and it is EXCELLENT!!!! there, but Langley is Terrible... PULL YOUR SOCKS UP. we wont be coming back to eat at this Toby again.....

2  Thank cooperjulie02
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Langley Green, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Hello, I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your visit to Toby Carvery and would like to discuss this further with you so please can you contact the restaurant at a time that suits you. I have asked around the team and I was working myself that day and none of us seem to remember any table like that I would just like to ask did you visit Langley in slough or us at Langley Green in Crawley?

Reviewed August 5, 2017

went with the family for quick meal it was just lunchtime and not busy we were shown to our table by a very nice young man when the waitress came took drinks order brought drinks then was nowhere to be seen had to go and ask if someone could take order was told only designated waitress could we waited when she finally came back she said you just go help yourself as we are vegaterians we wanted food from the menu once we recived food was good hot plenty choice of veg did wait some timefor the bill to arrive but all in all would visit again

Thank you for your review I am glad you enjoyed your food

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

It was my first visit in Toby Carvery but surely not the last.
The food was very simple but delicious. I had a bit of roasted turkey, beef and pork. Plus unlimited steamed veggies like beans, sweet corn, amazing carrot and potato casserole and few more. First time I have tried Yorkshire pudding and I loved it! They also have various sauces that go well with meat. My favorite was apple sauce, horseradish sauce and cranberry sauce.
Definitely worth visit!

Thank you for your review, I am glad to see you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you again

Reviewed August 2, 2017

A decent value for money meal with no fancy trimmings. Friendly staff and good service. Don't think anyone can walk out saying they're still hungry after having the Carver !!!

Thank you for your review hope to see you again soon.