“Sadly disappointed”

Ranked #80 of 265 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Langley Green. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Crawley’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Sadly disappointed”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Having just moved to Crawley I was pleased to note there was a Toby Carvery located very close by. Unfortunately I was sadly disappointed. We went up to the carvery to get our meals to find there were no Yorkshire puddings, we had to stand and wait at the veg servery for 15 minutes with our meat going cold until some undercooked and very flat yorkshires arrived. Thinking it must have been a one off we tried visiting again 2 weeks later. We got to the carvery to be given the very end of a joint of Roast Beef that was so bitty, gristly and fatty that we refused it. A new joint came out immediately which was lovely and up to the standard you would expect from a Toby, then we got to the veg counter........... this time yorkshire puddings were in abundance, but there were no roast potatoes, after waiting with the queue behind us getting longer and longe rfor around 10 minutes. we gave up and sat down to our roast dinner without any roasties, it took over 25 minutes for the roast potatoes to arrive. How at acarvery can you run out of roasties and yorkshire puddings, surely next to the meat they are the most important factor of the meal.

“Surprised”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Only moved to Crawley 2 months ago and I have eaten here and the 2 harvesters, give the Harvester next to the cinema a miss!! I had a good time here, nice service and the carvery was really good, I recommend this Toby and Harvester on the roundabout both good and I will be dividing my time between these 2 restaurants when I eat out.

• Visited July 2013
“Do not bother”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a sandwich. Toby carvery in a different area does a lovely hot carvery sandwich with thick white bread. This one was extra value stale bread no butter and a poor amount of meat. Never will I be back to this place!

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent value & fab staff”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Having read what others have write I must say they obviously did not visit the same carvery as I did with my family . We visited on Sunday 4th August and had a lovely time . The lady at the door who was seeing to the guests had a cheery disposition and was very attentive to our needs despite being what I assume to be heavily pregnant . The service at the bar was good could of been quicker maybe but all the same very friendly and this was continued throughout the duration of our time spent dining in the restaurant . I think sometimes people are quick to criticise before they have actually pointed it out at the time . If I had an issue with my experience I would generally ask to see the manager whilst I was still there rather than complain once I've left . Overall for me and my family we would highly recommend the new look toby carvery at langley green .

2 Thank Janeywest
“What a shocker......”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Dined here as a recommendation from the hotel I was staying in Crawley, I was on a business trip and spent 3 nights in Crawley, the first night I dined at the Harvester in Crawley and I had a general good experience.... Anyway went to the Toby.... Were to start it was busy, went to the bar as I had to wait for a table, bar service is non existent, the bar man that served me looked lost and really confused, I finally got my table and the table hadnt been cleaned down properly from the previous people that were eating, food was ok, service there was no interaction what so over, very robotic service from the waiter. Poor experience which begun from the bar man, I know were I will be going next time I am back in Crawley... It surely wont be Toby Carvery in Crawley.