“one night stay with parking for holiday”

Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed June 18, 2013

very good hotel,competively priced,clean and comfortable,with very good staff....slightly overpriced on drinks,but that is up to the consumers if they want to drink...who doesn't on the evening before the holiday!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
LauraEggleton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thanks for posting a review on Tripadvisor, we were delighted to read your comments and look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind Regards

Laura Eggleton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I emailed the hotel on 10/05/13 to advise of a late check-in due to the scheduled arrival time of my flight into Gatwick. I received an email back that same day from Rakesh confirming that this would be fine but when we arrived on 25/05/13 no room was available. We had to wait over 30 minutes at the hotel at 12:30 am to then be taken by taxi to a different hotel.

Confirming a room then not having one available is shoddy. The staff also didn't seem very apologetic, suggesting that this happens regularly.

Room Tip: The only tip to getting a good room would be to book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Simon B
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Simon thank you for your comments, we value your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused, having investigated it seems there was an error with your booking hence the long delay on arrival to us. That said I will be sure to pass your comments over to the entire team to ensure that this does not repeat in the future.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here as a family of 3 prior to flying to turkey. The hotel is lovely and clean. The rooms are fantastic and an ideal place to leave the car for a couple of weeks over your holiday. Food was good and upon our return we collected our car within minutes and off we went. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share this fantastic feedback with us! I am very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us, including our fabulous food offerings.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here while doing the London to Brighton challenge as its halfway between the two points. Located off a main road, difficult to find, could do with a bigger sign but only 5 mins from Three Bridges station with service straight to London and Brighton. Check in was efficient, I had booked two rooms and as a platinum member both were upgraded and given free wifi. Rooms very clean with lots of space. Complimentary water and nibbles as well as upgraded bathroom gels. Safe and Iron in room with robe and slippers. We had dinner in the bar area, lots of families and children running around but I suppose its to be expected on a bank holiday weekend at a airport hotel. Food service was efficient and of good quality. On returning to the hotel after the walk I changed and put my walking clothes in the top shelf of the wardrobe. We checked out, which was efficient and correct (£10 for parking) and made our way home. Half way home I realised I had left my clothes in that wardrobe. I rang the hotel and the receptionist went to the room and confirmed she had found the clothes and said not to worry they would package them up and send them, I was happy to pay for this and gave my card details. A week later still no parcel so I rang hotel to be informed it had been posted that day! and would be with me Monday. Nothing delivered on Monday so rang again to be informed it had been posted that day!! and would be with me Tue/Wed, they came and went, rang again to be informed that they had yet to send them out as they had no one to go to post office but a member of staff would drop them in on their way home!!! As a major hotel chain I would expect the post office or a courier to come to them. As yet I have still not received my clothes, the staff obviously can't get their story straight and telling guests obvious incorrect information on the phone makes me wonder what else they hide from fellow travellers. I really wanted to like this hotel as the staff I met were polite and efficient but something has gone terribly wrong with communication and I will be putting a claim in for compensation should nothing arrive by the end of this week.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Grindlehop
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, as a valued Platinum member we really appreciate your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.
I am disappointed to hear that you have experienced a delay in receiving the delivery, however in the defence of our team I am aware that at earliest opportunity your items were sent via recorded delivery to the address provided and I should expect that you may have received by now. I note your comments regarding the use of a courier service, however we find it is very rare that our guests leave items behind and as a result there simply isn’t enough demand for such service.
On a lighter note I am pleased that you may have given us a 5* review if you had not left your luggage behind.
Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Perfect hotel for an early morning start at gatwick... We stayed the night before an early flight. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Excellent value for money we paid £80 for four of us which also included car parking near gatwick ( we did book almost a year ago). the staff were also very friendly. Would defiantly use this hotel again as it is an ideal stop of point for an early start at gatwick. Made an excellent start to are holiday.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rachel, thank you for sharing this fantastic review with us.
I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Always remember to book direct to receive the best rates available!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Not only really good value with room overnight plus parking package but also first class menu in the restaurant. Food at dinner was excellent and well presented. The room modern, vey comfortable and spotlessly clean.

The only downside was breakfast - quality great BUT barely warm scrambled eggs, bacon and beans let an otherwise exceptional stay down. So simple to remedy.

The staff however were absolutely helpful and friendly and at the end of the day people make a stay memorable

Hire Car to airport just £11.50 far quicker and more comfortable than the bus at £9.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing this fabulous feedback with us. It is always a pleasure for the team here to see that their hard work is being noted by our valued guests and I will be sure to share your comments with them.
It is most unfortunate that you experienced concerns regarding our breakfasts temperature and I will be sure to pass your comments over to our Head Chef, that said I am very pleased that we exceeded expectations with regards to the rest of your stay with us.
We will look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Paid £125 for room, dinner for 2 and 15 days' parking. Kids eat free.

Large, clean, quiet rooms.

Hotel is about 15 mins from the airport.

Shuttle bus is £4.50pp each way. However, a taxi costs £20 each way so may be cheaper (and quicker) to do that. Shuttle bus runs every hour.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Matt, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are happy to hear that you found one of our many packages perfect for you and your family.
As you mentioned we do operate a transfer bus to both North and South Terminal, costing £4.50 per adult and £2.50 for children (under 5 years old).
Our team here are always happy to assist with finding the perfect packages for our valued guests, so do remember to book direct for any future bookings you may have.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.