“Friendly and welcoming as always”

Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Have now stayed here about 12 times as it is a good base for holiday flights, business trips and visiting family 8 miles away. Reception staff are always welcoming, restaurant staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the menus. Only thing we would ask is please get a bottle of Grappa behind the bar to keep my husband happy!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Katy, thank you for taking the time to post this fantastic review! I am very pleased to hear that you are a regular guest and have stayed with us so many times. It is always a pleasure for us to receive such positive feedback and I will be sure to pass over your comments to the rest of the team. I have noted your request for Grappa and I will be sure to look into doing this ready for your next trip us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Overnight stay before heading to the airport. Rooms very clean and comfortable but are cold. When we ordered food however (burger and chips for £10.50 each)the burger buns came out with mold on them. Mine had even had bits taken off where they had tried to get rid of it. We complained to the waitress and she sent the manager over. His excuse was that they had new staff and they hadn't been trained!!! Really? All was got offered was a 10% back a huge £2!! Not great. I would like to add however the staff on reception were excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the issue regarding with the burger buns. Whilst I would be the first to admit we do make mistakes and we don’t always get things right, I can assure you that had the chef noticed the bun was past its best, there is no chance they would have tried to remove the mould from the bun to serve. We strive to offer the greatest levels of service and food quality to encourage fantastic reviews and this strategy would not be compromised for the sake of a burger bun. Please be assured that our Head Chef has since been informed and assures me that this will not repeat. We value your feedback and appreciate your understanding in relation to this unfortunate incident. I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel to illustrate to you that this is a one off.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for three nights recently, it has recently been taken over by Holiday Inn and has undergone complete refurbishment so everything is new ..... a nice hotel just far away from Gatwick to be quiet and restful but near enough to get to Gatwick (ten minutes drive max), an airport shuttle also stops regularly.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and always had a smile on their face, so lovely to see nowadays !!!
Personally the beds, new though they were, were a little on the hard side for me, but that is a personal preference, however the PILLOWS were so uncomfortable that I went out and bought my own (something I had been intending to do for home anyway) ... but after one night there was no way I could put up with the lumpy pillows. You had a choice of hard or soft pillows but they were both just so awful that it actually prevented me from sleeping. Okay I suppose for a one night stopover !
Loads of car parking to, I understand having to pay for parking if you are leaving your car there whilst away, but for residents like myself who was there for three nights parking should be free.
All in all though excellent value for money .... although breakfast prices expensive £14 for a continental.

Room Tip: Think all rooms are probably situated well, but I asked for a quiet room which I was given round the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review! I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently refurbished 4* facilities.
I was however sorry to learn that you found the pillows to be uncomfortable, as you mentioned we do offer a pillow menu to all of our guests, this includes the option of either soft, firm, goose feather or anti-allergenic pillows and it is most unfortunate that these did not meet your requirements.
As you noted we do charge an overnight parking fee of £10 and based on other Airport Hotels we have found this to be a very competitive price. For future visits to us we do offer Saver Packages on arrival, for example overnight parking and breakfast is just £15, this is a total saving of £11!
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great stay, it was clean. food was good (apart from Breakfast which had poor selection, even when i asked for an omelette i was told i would need to pay extra... extra... already paid £16 for beans, bacon a coffee and juice... Come on Holiday inn... why are all your hotels offering different services.
Service at breakfast was very poor... Service at dinner was excellent

Dinner menu was fantastic, and food lived up to the menu

Then on checkout told to pay £10 for parking, how was i supposed to park or get here without parking charge!!!!
Overall ok.. but see how they are paying for the refurbishment... through us!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Paul, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, we value your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.
I was shocked to hear that you were disappointed with our breakfast offering – As we are a full service Holiday Inn we do provide a Full English which includes sausages, beans, bacon, mushrooms, black pudding, tomatoes, hash browns, pancakes and a choice or either scrambled, fried or poached eggs, along with our Continental breakfast. We do not advertise Omelettes on the breakfast menu however we are happy to provide at a small charge of £2.
I am sorry to learn that you felt the breakfast service was poor and I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies and please be assured that I will be addressing your concerns with the rest of the team.
As you mentioned we do charged an overnight parking fee of £10, this is a very competitive price based on other Airport Hotels, however we do offer Saver Packages on arrival that can help reduce extras by a considerable amount, for example overnight parking and breakfast for just £15 - a total saving of £11!
Once again thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed February 2013.
I have stayed before and this time was as good.
Good directions and easy to find. I had booked a park and stay, parked car with no problem at the back of the hotel and walked in the back door all on one level straight through to reception. Efficient check in, you have to hand over your car key and on this stay they did move our car, last time they didn't. Car still at hotel and easy to find on our return.
Shuttle service worked well.
Comfortable room with everything working and clean. Mugs on the tea tray was a bonus. Used the restaurant and had a good meal and good service.
A nice touch we noticed on our return was the tray in reception with free tea and coffee, Starbucks coffee too. Lovely on a freezing cold February morning, set us up for the long drive home.
This is a busy hotel, but hardly any noise of people coming and going.
Would stay again. Ask them if they don't offer you the card they give you if you want to book again they will match Hotel Extras and do you a favourable deal, they say.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

just to warn all of you would be customers about the Gatwick Worth.I booked a room . I telephoned to cancel giving them 2 months notice.Was asked to email cancellation which I did. They still took the money off my credit card saying they never recieved my email-how convenient!!! So think before you use this hotel.

Room Tip: I would forget the Gatwick worth at all costs
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank chris j
LauraEggletonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

I note with interest this the first review you have posted under your Tripadvisor account, which is very disappointing however expected after the communications you have exchanged with a number of my team members, accompanied with threats to post accordingly.
As we have explained, we have no record of your email and we do not accept cancellations without confirmation in writing for this very reason. It is a great shame that you make a habit of deleting your sent items or we could have quite easily refunded the said amount on receipt of the email.
We are not in business to charge our valued guests for bookings that are rightfully cancelled in line with our cancellation policy however I am unable to issue refunds that cannot be supported with adequate evidence of cancellation. Unfortunately I am unable to authorise a refund in exchange for you to remove this review from our page and I can only assure other reviewers that this review is unjustified and incorrect.

Kind Regards

Laura Eggleton

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was the second time we have stayed here. Can't fault the hotel for room service and food/drink its top quality for the price as well as the 14 day parking. BUT the shuttle bus is a nightmare. We were waiting at gatwick airport for what felt like an eternity. Every other hotel shuttle bus came twice before this came again. Like I said to my girlfriend at the time, I'd rather pay a little more before and have a better shuttle service than use this again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us.
I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, however I was disappointed to learn that you experienced problems with the transfer service provided. It is our key goal to help make sure that our guests enjoy every element of their stay and please be assured that I will certainly be passing your comment to my relevant team members to discuss. Please do not hesitate to contact me on operations@higatwickworth.co.uk if you wish to discuss further.
Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth? Share your experiences!