“Excellent hotel, friendly staff and service”

Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel, friendly staff and service”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Had a wonderful relaxed stay. The hotel ambiance and facilities perfect, with added bonus of a fabulous gym and pool to use next door.The room was very spacious and comfortable, lovely conpemtorary decor, immaculately clean.loved the fact that they have different choice of pillows for you to choose.
I had left my toothbrush, and called reception who quickly sent a brush and paste to my room.
Dinner and breakfast were excellent, made my poached eggs to order!
Staff at reception and the bar and brasserie were very friendly and most effeicient. One of nicest hotels I've stayed in. Also great parking facility for Gatwick airport.
Look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your great review – I was pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our ‘forgetting something’ items and pillow options we have available, not forgetting to mention the Nuffield Health gym adjacent to us.
For your next visit don’t forget to take advantage of our many saver packages available, for example gym and breakfast for just £15! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a fantastic time here with the family as the hotel is modern and the finish is fantastic. Bedrooms are spacious, clean and have a touch of luxury to them making them exceptionally comfortable.

Staff were very warm and friendly throughout the hotel and the meals were top notch across the board. Adjacent access to a fitness centre is a welcome plus.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are really nice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a fabulous review – I am pleased to see that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have tried a number of hotels in the vicinity and I would thoroughly recommend the hotel. The complete refurbishment of the hotel, very comfortable rooms, access to a fitness centre and the great customer service from the hotel staff makes this hotel a top choice. An added bonus is the parking facility close to the airport. The staff at the brasserie and bar were friendly and eager to please. We hope to return again! Shelley

Room Tip: Seek the Executive rooms if available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShelleyS S
Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments on TripAdvisor – I was delighted to see your feedback regarding the fantastic customer service you experienced, we have always considered our staff to be the hotels greatest asset and I will be sure to pass your comments over to the team.
As noted we do have long stay car parking available onsite to all of our valued leisure guests, remember to book direct to receive the best rates available!
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I use a number of hotels in and around Gatwick while on business, and have stayed here a number of times.

Every time I have been 'wow'd' by the standard of the hotel and the high level of warmth and genuine customer service showed by all the staff.

The hotel is a little away from the airport, but no more then a 10 / 15 min drive, and with a shuttle for people who wish to get to the airport, but by being a little distance away you tend to get better deals and it is very quite when sleeping.

The restaurant and food is great, always seems fresh, and the room service breakfast has always been top notch.

There is a Nuffield gym next door for the more energetic, and jogging trails around the hotel.

The high standards this hotel sets outshine a number of 5*+ hotels I use in London! Will use again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AdzzzPhotography
Thank you for such a fabulous review – I am delighted to read that you are a regular guest and have been able to take advantage of many of our facilities.
As you mentioned we do offer great fresh food within both our Lytton’s bar and brasserie, be sure to take advantage of our two main meals for just £16 on your next visit! We will look forward to welcoming you back.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stopped here November 2012 using their Park/Stay/Dinner option, which seemed quite reasonable. As mentioned by others on this site, the room was extremely comfortable (with choice of pillows - nice touch!), and VERY clean! The whole hotel appeared to be well looked after, and we were most impressed by "front of house" both when we arrived and on leaving.

The bar and restaurant staff were also exceptional, and I don't use that word many times in my reviews! Our car was still in the same place we left it when we got back. My only negative criticism would be that the dinner was not particularly interesting with only a small choice, but hey - it was included in the deal, so we weren't expecting a lot - hence they still get my 5 stars!!

I am reminded to do this review as I have just booked a return visit in April this year - so look out for my subsequent review!!

Room Tip: We were in 157 - very comfortable but a bit of a walk from Reception - would prefer one nearer perha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank N R
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your fabulous feedback with us via Trip Advisor!
I am pleased to read that you found our newly refurbished hotel of good quality. Perhaps you could send me an email with details of your next visit to ensure that you are allocated closer to reception, operations@higatwickworth.co.uk
I was truly delighted to see your great comments relating to members of our team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in April.
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been traveeling and staying in different hotels in UK for last ten years and I think this is one of the best hotel I have stayed in Europe.
Excellent size rooms, very clean & friendly staff.

DR RAJAY NARAIN
Cardiologist
London

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rajay N
Dear Dr Narain, thank you for such a great review – I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Always remember to book direct to receive the best price and we will look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting family in the area. Previously stayed at a number of other hotels in the area.
The standard of the rooms was far superior to any other hotel stated at in the area. As was the cleanliness, which was excellent.
Far more important was the staff. Every, and I mean every member of staff we had dealings with were incredibly professional, helpful, polite and took pride in what they did. Nothing was too much for them.

A big thank you to all of the staff there.

We shall certainly stay there in future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ribbets13
LauraEggletonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you so much for posting such a great review on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback. I was delighted to learn of your satisfaction.
Its great to see you rate the staff so highly; second to my guests I believe the staff are the hotels greatest asset and I am pleased that the service they all offer was so well received by you.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind Regards

Laura Eggleton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth? Share your experiences!