“Good Before you Fly”

Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Good Before you Fly”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotels location in Crawley Hight Street allows you to enjoy the towns pubs and restaurants. The room itself smelt of old tobacco which was not the best and the water for a shower the next morning was cold. I took this up with the night manager when checking out along with the 5.00 am alarm call that didn't come! He apologised for the water as he knew about it because there is a red warning light that is activated if the water heater for the Sussex Wing trips out and by the time he had reset it it would have been too late for the water to heat. As for the alarm call he said his colleague must have missed my request. Hey it was a reasonable price and the holiday car parking was included. You pays yer money etc...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel was in a good location, the staff were very helpful, the room was clean and comforable and good value for money. We ate in the main restraunte and was very nice. They had a good choice of food, the bar area also provided food if you were on a budgit. Car parking is free complementry of staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Great location for the airport
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

rooms were clean, tidy and of the usual standard you would expect from the ramada group. breakfast was good with plenty of choice and the staff we friendly. although a couple of the breakfast staff seemed unable to understand anything other then tea or coffee. Beds were abit uncomfortable and car parking spaces were abit on the small side. also i always have a problem with hotels charging their guests to park. youve just paid top dollar for your room and then they try and squeeze abit more out of you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Shaldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Yes the rooms were a good size as were the beds and nicely decorated. Bar and restaurant were good too. Staff pleasant and helpful. Very near Gatwick Airport so extremely handy for holidays or business trips. Easy to find and park.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The approach to the car park at the rear of the hotel is unprepossing to say the least, but we were given Room 270 in the new building and it was a lovely large room with windows to 2 sides (overlooking aforesaid car park). Bed could have been more comfortable (a bit of a sag to the mattress on one side).
Walking through the old building you are directly on Crawley High Street with a good range of bars and restaurants.
Service was friendly and our alarm call was prompt giving us time to grab a coffee from the in-room tea/coffee provided before leaving. Comparing the cost of airport parking alone with Hotel plus Airparks parking the hotel stopover cost £10.00. Well worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel recently with my partner and I will never be returning! I had read the reviews below about the quality of the rooms in the new buliding, so taking this into account I thought I would email them to ask for a room in the old building as they are much bigger. Unfortunatly no one got back to me so I ended up having to ring them. The person on the phone was friendly and told me it was fine and that he would allocate my room to an old style room, however when I arrived I found that I did not have an old style room even though I specifically asked. The situation was made worse by a very rude staff member who looked like he could not care less! Welcomed is far from what I felt and his attitude was 'it's not my problem'. Seeing as I work as a hotel receptionist myself I know that this type of attitude is certainly not accepted. To top that off we were put in a horrible room with very thin floor boards so I was woken up by the people upstairs at 6am! Very run down hotel with need of a makeover and maybe more training for staff to communicate with each other and not to act so rude!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed for one night in this hotel prior to a flight from Gatwick. It looked lovely on the internet! I arrived in the car park at the rear of the hotel late afternoon where lots of youths were hanging around smoking. My room was on the 2nd floor, although I climbed 4 flights of very narrow stairs carrying my heavy suitcase, no lift and no offer of help from the 2 men sitting on the reception desk! The walls in my room were so thin I could hear the man in the next room turning over in bed and there was constant commotion in the corridor. I know people only stay for one night before flights but I'll be staying elsewhere next time!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo