“Value for money and location make it worth it.”

Ramada Crawley Gatwick
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Value for money and location make it worth it.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It's easy to see why this hotel gets bad reviews. Strange sleeping arrangements if you are in one of the buildings in the car park, you feel like you are going into some kind of NHS owned establishment, except with a slight smell cigarette smoke in hall ways. Odd.
But... the hotel is ideally located on the High Street of Crawley, close to pubs and restaurants. It has free wi-fi, plenty of TV channels and the staff were very friendly and helpful. And it's cheapish (I paid £62.50 for a double). So, I'd say good for a business traveller or overnight stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DangerousA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Horley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

First impressions when walking up to the hotel was how much uglier it was getting, on arrival at the front desk the staff were exceptionally helpful and pleasing to deal with.
Left our bags with them whilst we enjoyed a few drinks in the out dated uncomfortable ‘bar area’ which felt more like a waiting room at a doctors. Uncomfortable furniture, poor décor, terrible t.v’s.
The drinks they had to offer could also do with an upgrade, in brand not price, with an average pint at around £4 I felt like I was in London.

On arrival in our 7th floor room it was immediately apparent that the heat of the room caused by the wall length windows was going to be an issue. Unable to creek the windows open slightly to allow fresh air in the whole night was an assortment of rumbling around trying to find the colder part of the bed.
The a/c was just recycle the already warm air making it extremely uncomfortable to sleep.

The best part of the hotel is the staff, unfortunately the rest needs to be addressed. Reasonable price for the area so I’m scoring them a 2 star.

Never again though.

*TEAM FURY*
the_fury@live.co.uk

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Southend on Sea
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I am still a resident at this unfortunate hotel but could not wait any longer to air my views.
I am travelling with a 73 year old relative. Two hip replacements and two bad knees. I rang the hotel to confirm that they catered for such a person and stressed she would need a walk in shower, not a step in bath. "Yes" I was told, no problem. And me being a trusting sole believed them.
So, we arrived and were given our rooms. Our quad family room was clean and adequate. The single disabled room was not. The smallest bed you have ever seen. A bath, not a walk in shower, no handles, except by the toilet. My aunt, with her two bad hips and knees would have needed a fork lift truck to get her into that bath.
I went back to reception but was told by the hapless receptionist that they didn't have walk in showers in the hotel. So they clearly don't cater for disabled guests. Surely against health & safety in this day and age??
I was told there was no duty manager, not even housekeeping on duty ( it was 1640 pm). I couldn't even get a non slip mat for the bath.
I tried to contact Ramada but the only number I could provide was in the US.
So here we are. Poor aunt can't have a wash.
I will never stay in a Ramada again. Stay clear. It's really awful. Really.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank andi_wilson
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Booked a reasonable park and stay package. Thought we'd get some sleep before a very early flight. Not a chance. Constant noise (aircon?) all night. As noisy in corridor, so I wonder if whole hotel is afflicted.
Overpriced and underwhelming meal in characterless restaurant.
We booked because it listed shortest transfer time to Gatwick on booking website, but journey took in hotel that was supposed to be 10 minutes further away.
Only plus was that meet and greet parking worked well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harwich Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last week and found it very good if you want to eat out as it is positioned in the high street. Next door is an excellent Thai restaurant. An Ask a cross the road. Wether spoons 100 meters away. I find airport hotels very frustrating as they are usually not near any normal life and once you arrive that's where you stay until your flight but this ramada made me feel like I was already on holiday. The room was very comfortable. Friendly staff and above all cheap

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the wings at back of hotel which was fairly quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Although a little tired in general appearance, the hotel has friendly staff, clean rooms and free WIFI. Free parking next door to a cheap hand car wash - get your car washed while you wait! Nearby eating houses all pretty good, particularly the Giggly Squid thai tapas.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked this hotel as it seemed relatively cheap for a one night stay.On arrival we were given our room key along with an invoice (for someone elses room!),not much conversation from the man on reception and told to go to room 385 in another building.
When we entered the corridor it smelt like an old ashtray and so did our room.We opened the window,dropped off our luggage and left to visit relatives.
We arrived back to the room to sleep but when my son got into the single bed we found the base had collapsed in the middle.As it was late we used the spare pillows to fix it and my son attempted to sleep trying not to move as the bed squeaked so loudly.During the rest of the night we did not sleep as the room was so hot we had to have the window open..and heard the 2 hour conversation of lads in the car park,screaming girl and screeching tyres.At 7am the car cleaning company started their noisy jet washing and hoovering.We did think about asking them to jet wash us as the shower in the room was barely a trickle!
The bathroom and bedding were clean but the chair by the bedside was covered in vomit and the carpet had what looked like blood stains on it.
We didn't even bother with the breakfast that we'd paid for.
When checking out I asked for the correct invoice for my room.The guy laughed when i said I'd been given someone elses invoice.No apology.My husband went on to tell him about the smell of smoke and the broken bed to which the man on reception replied 'you should have told us last night'.No apology.
Definitely not worth £69,definitely not a 4 star hotel and DEFINITELY won't stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012