“Easter Holiday”

Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had a good relaxing holiday at SS Gatwick. The rooms were spacious for our family. Kids enjoyed the swimming pool. The spa and the Jacuzzi were under refurbishment which was the only draw back. Ample parking space. overall a good place to relax on holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Antony F
SapnaRM, Guest Services Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Anthony F

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick

I’m pleased you had a chance to enjoy our newly opened swimming pool, and had a relaxing stay overall.

Please come and stay with us again when we have fully refurbished to enjoy other leisure facilities

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I booked this hotel on a discount website for a great price. I only book 4 star hotels or higher when traveling on my own, and I have to say I was very disappointed in this hotel.

The staff were extremely friendly, which I can appreciate, however that's where the positive review ends for me.

After I booked the hotel that was listed as an Airport hotel, I found out there was no shuttle service to the airport. That seems ridiculous to me. An airport hotel should have direct access to the airport for their customers. I contacted the hotel directly before my arrival, in which they told me the cost of a cab would only be 8GBP. Upon my arrival at Gatwick I headed to the taxi stand in which they told me it would cost me 16GBP to get to the hotel and that their were no other transportation options. Before agreeing to this price I tried to repeatedly call the hotel, in which I received a busy signal for 20 mins straight.

16GBP later, I arrived at the hotel and discussed my transportation issues to the reception. Their response was that the discounted taxi was only for GOING to the airport.

I entered my room, and found that the room decor was extremely dated. The bathrooms have peach tile and although the rooms are big, the furniture was awkwardly placed and dirty. Also dirty, was a decorative pillow on the bed which had white crusty stains. Gross.

When I tucked myself into bed to watch some TV, I found that every time I changed the channel the tv made this awful, loud beep noise. I called to the front desk and their response was "oh some of the TVs just do that, I don't think we can change it".

If I had booked a 2-3 star hotel, in the middle of no where, I wouldn't be upset about the decor, and distance from the airport, however, this is listed as a 4 star, and I don't see why it should.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Canadian_Gal23
Reviewed April 25, 2014

changed the name since my last stay and new staff a lot nicer now the reception staff were really good nothing was to much for them , for the price it is really good value . book your breakfast night be for bit cheaper but what a nice breakfast plenty of choice keep you going all day . parking £5 a day but well worth it being secure , so recommend this hotel highly . nice clean rooms and very good shower and hot water ,,, not like some I have stayed in so hopefully be going back again soon ..

Room Tip: ask for a room over the second floor has there are not much of view this low down
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear henry s

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick,

I appreciate your kind comments; our staff are here to help whatever you need, I’m pleased everything went well for you and you enjoyed breakfast with us :-)

Hope to see you again soon,
Kind Regards

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I booked very last minute and got a really good rate. In fact it was so good, I feared what the hotel was going to be like. I needn't have worried. The staff was very friendly, the room spacious and certainly much better than I expected. The bathroom was a decent size and the shower nicely powerful!
The biggest surprise was the quality of food in the restaurant! It really was superb. It was nicely presented, not over-priced and cooked to perfection. I had a sirloin steak which let’s face it, is not that difficult to get right although it never ceases to amaze me how many hotel chefs don’t! Here, it was just right and came with homemade onions rings which were a delight!
Nothing to fault with this hotel and I will certainly stay again – particularly once they introduce a shuttle service to the airport, which they don’t currently have.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear bark-not-bite

Thank you for your excellent review regarding your recent stay at Sandman Signature London Gatwick.

I am really super pleased that everything was above your expectations and you had such a good stay.

I have passed on your kind comments to our kitchen staff who I’m sure will be happy with your comments.

Thank you once again and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We booked this as part of a car park package. There was a bit of a mix up with my sister's room as she had booked a family room but there weren't enough beds in the room! However this was very quickly resolved by the very helpful receptionist. The rooms were very clean and we ate in the restaurant and the food was very nice. Probably the nicest Gatwick hotel I've stayed in and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Michelle V

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick

I’m glad our staff were able to sort out that mix-up for you, I’m really pleased you thought our hotel was nice and we definitely look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed in the Sandman prior to flying to Mexico and was impressed with the quality of the whole hotel. Room was nice and clean and the hotel was nicely decorated. Ate in the resturant and the food was very good.
Overal one of the nicer hotels I have stayed in around Gatwick.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip1952
SapnaRM, Guest Services Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Philip1952

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick

I’m extremely happy to hear your stay went well before your holiday, I hope you will chose us again the next time you are in the Gatwick area :)

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed here one night as part of an airport parking package. While the hotel was ok and the rooms clean the staff helpful and polite,the carpark wasn't very well signposted to holiday parking. I feel if you are offering it as a hotel to car park for less stress then put up signs to car park. We had more stress trying to get to the car park from here than we did traveling 40 miles to the hotel.a nice hotel but a could have been less stressful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daisyem

Dear daisyem

I believe the parking package you had booked was not directly through our website therefore you had booked Airport Parking at Gatwick.

We at the hotel are more than happy to provide our guests with any additional directions; however the company which you booked with should have provided these when you made your reservation.

Sandman Gatwick do offer onsite parking which is available year round on our website if you wish to park with us in the future.

I’m glad your stay with us went well and I hope you’ll visit again soon.