Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
$103
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,946 results
All reviewsstayed herepurple parkingcar parkaph parkingnext morningsteam roomthree bridgesmeet and greetan early flightparking packagebooked this hotelroom was largehotel stayfamily roomreception staffdays parkingholiday extras
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here 8/5/13 on business (lone female traveller) - had booked and paid for a double room through Hotels.com. On arrival, was told I was in twin bedded room and that there wasn't any double rooms, but when I told the receptionist that I would go online and provide my booking details, he suddenly found an available room. The room was shabby and dated, but clean and the room service meal was average. Was woken just before midnight by a male shouting into a mobile phone outside my door (obviously not the hotel's fault) but annoying anyway. Wake up call was 10 minutes early, then tried to turn on the shower, but it was broken and was not able to be turned on. Called reception, receptionist tried to turn it on but conceded it was broken (room 605). He asked me if I really wanted a shower (?) and when I said yes, said he would try to find me another room. After 15 minutes, still no new room and I had to make another call to reception. Another 10 minutes passed, then another member of staff came to my room, this time with some towels and another key card and I was shown to another room to shower in. When I entered this room, I found that it had been occupied by another guest, the bed was unmade, there were dirty glasses on the desk and their dirty wet towels were in the bath - there was also an unknown white "substance" stuck on the inside of the bath. I had no other option but to use this dirty room, but was thoroughly disgusted by the whole experience. Am waiting to hear from Ramada management as to how they can justify this situation.

Room Tip: Don't book room 605 until shower is fixed
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dodgersfan113
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the night before an early flight as appeared to be good value for the accommodation with parking. However, add the extortionate cost of very mediocre food and drink and the value plummets. Don't eat here!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ZOEW1
Tony F, Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

At Ramada Plaza London Gatwick it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments.

we recently changed our menu and ensured our pricing are competitive in the market place.
We also have value offers running side by side every month and for more information please visit our website.
I can only hope that your recent experience will not deter you from booking with us again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very disappointing. We stayed for one night on way to honeymoon...room was OK...pillows were not great...bed OK...but gave up on shower as water was so hot it was impossible to stand...so resorted to a bath which was designed for a hobbit. Rubbish for the ramada brand. Didn't bother complaining as it was midnight so would hardly move to another room anyways... Not worth the money. No parking either...drove round parking lot on a Tuesday night for ten minutes before parking behind building in an illegal spot. Poor show. Would stay again

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikegjestland
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

My apologies that we failed to create positive impression on your recent stay and Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

Hope you will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was booked up on Late Rooms and a prompt call from them to the hotel confirmed our booking for Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd May. Although we were seeing our daughter off on a three-month gap year holiday, we decided the second night was such good value and would make the whole process less tiring to drive back to the North East. Payment was taken in advance.
The hotel was straightforward to find and there was plenty of parking although the spaces were quite narrow in places. If staying at the hotel it is £5 a day, but in the end we were not charged.

A warm welcome at the reception: a new receptionist who had recently started and her experienced colleague got us our room key. The entrance is clean and spacious and has seating areas as well as two computers where for a £1 there was 20 minutes internet access.We booked breakfast in advance meaning it was £7.50 per head, very reasonable given the usual prices charged in similar establishments.

The room on Floor 6 had an extensive view. Spacious, with three single beds, it was very clean and well-ordered. There was an additional bucket-style chair, TV (films could be ordered), ironing board etc, although we discovered that the hair dryer did not work. The bathroom was sizeable with bath and shower (plenty of hot water) and some nice 'invigorating' modern bath products. Towels were effective, not the overly-conditioned plumped up variety, that look nice, but don't work well!

The restaurant just off the main entrance and opposite the bar had a limited choice, but excellent food. The service from the lovely team on on Thursday evening was outstanding: solicitous to our needs and requirements, friendly and helpful. We have been to much more expensive places where the staff don't appear to bother, but here there was a real ethos of serving the customer and making the preparation for travel as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. We had nachos and melted cheese, the fish and chips, home made raviolli and also a moist tender belly of pork on green vegetables in delicious juices. The chocolate pudding and ice cream was splendid. It was good that there was Boddington's, proper beer available too!

We slept well, although this higher floor had some whirring from a heater or air conditioning and the room did get warm during the night. Breakfast was superb: good value and the same team of staff who had started at 7.00am but were just as effective. The lobby had free i newspapers. The Duty receptionist was very helpful in locating the nearest Sainsbury's for us to rapidly go and sort out last-minute travel monies. We decided to use the bus to get to the North Terminal (it goes via both and en route to other hotels). The bus driver was friendly and cheery and advised a family ticket as being cheapest. This delivered us door to door.

Later that evening we made use of the computers in the lobby to check flight details and used the bar which had plenty of seating TVs and friendly staff.

En route home I realised I had left a fleece jacket somewhere..I thought it was in the lobby of the hotel from the previous evening. I phoned the hotel (thanks to the nice proprietor at Morello Italian restaurant in Stanford, unmissable profileroles) and the Duty Manager undertook to check with housekeeping, since their phone was engaged and see if my coat could be located. She duly phoned me back to say we had left a phone charger (I was sure we checked the room)...this was duly posted and returned today...thanks. However, she also phoned the Sainsbury's store where we had a final coffee before heading home and they had found my jacket!! Unbelievable, and I am hoping this is being sent as agreed by another excellent member of staff in the superstrore and I will make a charity donation to the Durham store near where I live. This is a wonderful hotel and the staff really do their jobs well. Thank you all.

Room Tip: Check where the boiler/heating system is...on roof space? We were on floor 6 and something seemed to make a background hum in the night
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback on your recent stay.

I & my team delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we succeeded in creating positive impression to you.

Looking forward to welcome you in near future

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a hotel & airport parking package with a.p.h. Was impressed with quality of hotel. Was a bit dubious beforehand as deal seemed so cheap. But all was fine. No problem finding hotel, as instructions to get there were very clear. Hotel was bright & modern with nice comfy room. Staff were pleasant & helpful. Would come here again if flying from Gatwick.

• Stayed: April 2013