“Perfect”

Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked a park and stay for 100 for 10days parking so very good value.Decent sized room.No traffic noise in room.Tea making facilities inc biscuits nice extra..10mins from Airparks so no hassel..All in all super value Enjoy

• Stayed: April 2013
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback on your recent stay.

I & my team delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we succeeded in creating positive impression to you.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Charming hostel/nursing home ambience, antique carpets and furniture. Lovingly decorated by colour blind interior designer. Hardwired aircon adding a touch of tropics. The restaurant and bar are popular by those en route to Benidorm, radiating an atmosphere of Little Chef and 99p carvery. Why would anyone want to spend an additional £40 a night at Sofitel up the road?

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank theintrepidfox
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night before we went on holiday (the day the snow came). We went through APH and it came to £92 for four people.
Thank goodness we booked as there were no rooms left.
We decided to eat at the hotel as the snow was laying quick and didn't want to get stuck.
It came to about £100 for four which was two course and wine/alcoholic drinks, very reasonable and the staff were so polite. The room was clean and big enough for four. We had asked for a wake up call but decided to change the time, the reception staff couldn't be more helpful. We left very early and even though the reception said that no staff would be there the two that came around were very helpful.

Will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kerry A

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stated here as part of a hotel/parking deal so it would be easy to get our flight the next day.What can I say,hotel lovely,room fabulous and staff at check in were superb.On top of that got discounts if ate at the hotel which were reasonably priced and kids ate free when an adult bought a meal.Breske was great,lots if choice and unlike most hotels was more than reasonably priced.bar menu for dinner offered good balance of snacks and big meals and drinks not to expensive.Room had nice view,very comfy and had everything we needed.It was cheaper for a hotel park deal than just paying for parking and is only a stonesthrow from airport .Definitely would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hegartys

Reviewed April 13, 2013

One of the best value hotels in the Gatwick area and is what you'd expect of an airport hotel. I stayed here while doing some work in Brighton. For the money you pay it is better than budget hotels and the service was good, though you should not expect anything special.

On arrival there is a sign that states something along the lines of "wake up calls are a only provided as a courtesy, we take no responsibility if you don't get one, set your own alarm". This immediately raises your eyebrow as to why they felt they had to put the notice up! Disclaimers on service are not the best first impression to give. The reception staff were able to answer all questions and were very helpful.

Parking is good value at £5 a night compared to some hotels that charge upwards of £15.

The in-room internet works well though I got the impression that few guests use it as it wasn't automatically authorised when I first tried to turn it on so this required a call to reception.

Despite booking through the Wyndham website the hotel did not have my Wyndham Rewards number on their system. This isn't so much a criticism of the hotel but of the Wyndham computer system!

The rooms are large, the beds comfortable, but the bathrooms need a bit of modernisation.

I had dinner at the restaurant but not breakfast. The restaurant looks good and the service is fine (though almost alarmingly fast!) but the quality of the food is not great for the money you pay. I had a steak with bearnaise sauce and while perfectly adequate it was nothing special. The steak was not particularly tender and the sauce had a skin on the top like school custard. Most annoyingly I was not given a steak knife so must have looked like a caveman as I tried to cut the steak with a regular table knife (I was on the lookout for a waiter but by the time one came out I'd finished)!a The cheesecake dessert was nice, though the "cherry pie" topping was clearly tinned cherries and not fresh ones - a pity as the presentation was excellent and the cheesecake itself as good as you get in the UK.

So, if you're needing a hotel at Gatwick or south of London then stay there, but don't expect anything special, and eat elsewhere. The value for money is excellent.

Room Tip: If you're on the 1st or 2nd floor then use the stairs rather than the lift as they're extrem...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

At Ramada Plaza London Gatwick it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments.
Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.
I have passed your feedback to Food & Beverage Manager to ensure team is trained on correct service procedure.
Just to inform you that we can manually add Wyndham Membership on to the booking.
Though we have a disclaimer we do actively encourage our guest to request wake up calls with us, which runs through our automated service.
Looking forward to welcome you in near future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have booked this hotel twice for a Gatwick stay over. The first time I booked the hotel direct and paid about £68 and the second time I booked it through Lastminute.com secret hotels and paid £34.00 it was listed as a modern 4* hotel close to Gatwick.
The hotel is clean and basic and I think its ideal for the Gatwich North terminal. We used the hotel restaurant for our evening meal and it was ok. My partner had the cottage pie and it was very rich. But in general it was a nice meal.
We did not use the bus service either time we stayed here but called a taxi and it was around £8 to the North terminal. I think the bus is around £3.20 each.
We asked recepion about internet access and movie channels as on the telvision it says this service is around £20 but when we asked them they told us it was only £6.00 so that may be worth asking about.
I have advised my parents to use this hotel and they also booked it through Lastminute.com and got it for the same rate. I think this hotel was perfect for the one night stay and yes I will be returning.
There is also a gym on site that my partner said was quite good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2013

It was easy to find both the hotel and car park. It really took the pressure away of getting to the airport on the day of flying.
I was quite impressed with the staff,they went out of their way to help us.
The receptionist was lovely and friendly and the room was very comfortable. The food was also good.
Thank you for making the start of our holiday a pleasurable one :-)

Room Tip: We left the hotel at 11am, parked and arrived at the airport well in time for when check in opened...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Looking forward to welcome you in near future.