“Over night stop”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Dereham, United Kingdom
“Over night stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had Pre booked this hotel with APH parking, and considering the deal we got was really surprised by the standard of the hotel. When we first arrived there was a notice in the car park about overnight parking costs, but the reception, who I might add we're extremely helpful, quickly advised us that the parking was included. The rooms were very spacious and clean, with tea/coffee making facilities, ideal after a long journey. The restaurant prices were a little extreme, but if you are prepared to walk, the town is about 20 mins away, where there are plenty of well priced establishments. We didn't bother with breakfast so I can't comment on the food quality, but the restaurant was full which is normally a good sign. In conclusion I would be more than happy to use this hotel again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback on your recent stay.

I & my team delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we succeeded in creating positive impression to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Leics
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very uncomfortable never again , it's just like laying on a piece of wood , I'm very disappointed. Food in the bar ok but overpriced then they add 10% service charge !. Prmier inn next time at least you get a good nights sleep .

• Stayed March 2013
At Ramada Plaza London Gatwick it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments.
Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.
I would like to investigate the issue regarding the beds and would need your booking detail, hence can I request you to send me the details at operations@ramadahotelgatwick.co.uk.

My sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you and your family
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night before flying from Gatwick. To be honest.it was chosen because we got a great deal through a voucher promotion. So we had no expectations. It is very easy to find,being just off junction 10 of the motorway.
However we were very pleasantly surprised. We booked breakfast in advance and paid only £7-50. It is more expensive if you pay when you arrive. The breakfast is buffet style and there is a great choice. Real value for money which is unusual for hotels like this. The room we had was large and had room for an extra bed.It was clean and had tea and coffee facilities.We found the bed very comfy and had a good relaxing nights sleep.
The bar area was very nice and the bar prices were very reasonable (£3-50 a pint ). It was a really nice place to chill before going to the restaurant for dinner. Again this was a pleasant surprise. They had an offer for 2 courses for £20,including a glass of wine ( a very reasonable price in my opinion). Again we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality and presentation of the food. It was excellent.
we didnt use the shuttle bus to the Airport,so cannot comment on it.
Finally,a mention for all the staff. The reception staff were really efficient and friendly. They sorted us out with good humour,and were very helpful.
Would definately stay here again !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Please visit our website for more value offers.
Sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Another hotel selected because of the close location to where I was working - and the location of the hotel is the main plus here.

The hotel is clearly catering for guests who are flying out of Gatwick airport and for one night (which is all I stayed too) it is fine. However, the rooms were nothing spectacular - average at best I would say. They were clean and fairly comfortable, but I would expect better for the price paid and the star rating of the hotel.

The food was better than I expected - especially the evening meal, which is good as without a car there were few (if any) alternative places to eat. There was a good selection at breakfast too.

My other gripe is the very expensive car parking at hotel. I am sure they do park and ride deals for airport customers, but it is not a good deal for the regular business traveller.

I would stay here again, but only because of the location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Middleton UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

First time at this hotel, easy to find, parking a bit costly But the welcomr by reception was excellent gave all the relevant inforation we needed about facilities, room, local attractions and shuttle services to airport. Yep, you guessed it was night before flight (early morning). Why do we pay for a night when we only have a few hours in hotel, could this be an opportunity fro the hotels to sellrooms by part days?
Any way great room, huge, well serviced and clean. The heating was not very efficient so we asked reception for a heater, bingo within 10minutes heater delivered and plugged in by another lovely member of staff.
Overall, good value for money, clean, good staff and good location.
We would stay again, in facy have already booked. (Will try food next time)

Room Tip: Check out your parking options before you travel. No disabled areas.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just stayed here one night as part of a parking package for the airport. For the price we paid we couldn't fault it. There is overnight parking on site and the transfer to our long stay car park was only about 10 minutes. The hotel is immaculate, very well maintained and the room had all you could need. Will use again without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Stroud
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We only stayed one night here on a park-and-fly from Gatwick as it is only a short drive away. It was easy to find, check in was extremely efficient, the staff very helpful, room was very comfortable and of a good size. I would say the only negative was the drinks in the bar were a little more expensive than we would have liked (just over £10 for 2 drinks) but you may think this is acceptable.

I would definitly stay here again - the whole experience was a pleasure which is more than can be said for other park/fly offers!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple