“Disappointing.”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Newport, Gwent
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hotel was easy to find, pleasant place, room good and food very good with great staff BUT..... The shower didn't work, one bulb kept flickering, it was as hot as hell in the room and when we put on the air con, it rattled all night, add to that , they forgot our wake up call (could easily have missed our plane, had we been able to sleep)
On mentioning these problems to reception, we were told that the wake up calls were not guaranteed... What is the point of offering them!!! And they were sorry... That was it!!
Next time will stay in Premier Inn, better service!!!!!

Room Tip: Not 605!!!
1 Thank Hascy
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay with us.

At Ramada Plaza London Gatwick it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.
Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.
I have passed your comment to relevant Manager for them to take corrective actions and training for the team.

Once again apology for the bad experience and hope you will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality.
When you decided to book, please call me or email me at operations@ramadahotelgatwick.co.uk and I will look at your booking personally. Hope will gives us an opportunity to compensate against your recent stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

OH and I stayed at the Ramada the night before an early morning flight at the beginning of November. We got a particularly good deal for the night in the hotel plus 16 days parking from "Holiday Extras" booking some months in advance.

Our room was very clean and comfortable - and we appreciated being on the first floor as this made the early get-away easier.

We had to eat in the bar as the restaurant was fully booked for the evening - but this turned out to be a perfectly acceptable option.

The only downside was having to queue for 15 minutes to check-in when we arrived.

We will certainly stay here again - if this hotel comes up as a good deal combined with airport parking.

3 Thank JaneH1954
Thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback on your recent stay.

I & my team delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we succeeded in creating positive impression to you.

Next time when you book with us , please let me know, I will ensure that you have table in our restaurant.

Please visit our website for current value offers on Park & fly and social banqueting events
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

we stayed at this hotel over night on the way to gatwick air port,the hotel is easy to find and about 15 mins from the airport.
The room was large and clean with a view of the airport,and very quiet.
Parking was free.We booked on line ,very easy

Room Tip: If all the rooms are like the one we had pick any one
2 Thank chris g

Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel, clean, comfortable, had a top floor room, watched the planes come in, kids loved it!
Breakfast is cheaper if I buy it there than sometimes online, £7.50 per adult, kids free! Well worth it, breakfast is great value!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank nicflo22

Derbyshire, England
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Spent one night on business at the Ramada Plaza. It is convenient for both Crawley and Gatwick airport.
The room rate was particularly good, the staff were friendly and accommodating and the breakfast was above average. The room was a little dated but clean and comfortable. Overall, it is what I expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank fivegoldstars

uk
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Good location for Gatwick Airport.

Stayed before a few years ago. Perfectly adequate but starting to look a bit tired. Friendly staff. Did not eat here on this occasion so can't comment on that. Rooms spacious and clean.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rightinthemiddle

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed last week on business. I was impressed with check in where I was warmly and convincingly greeted. On from there I faced the challenge of being on a strict diet and in a hotel. Not a problem in this place as the restaurant manager Livia Kiss was fantastic. She got it in a flash and my needs were catered for entirely. What was noticeable from check in was the effort from the staff to be friendly without being OTT and a genuine desire to have great customer service. I commend them for this as it is a winning formula.

Room Tip: No issues that I could identify.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Srp5000

I have passed your compliments to Livia and front desk team.