Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
$99
$84
Agoda.com
1,946 results
All reviewsstayed herepurple parkingcar parkaph parkingnext morningsteam roomthree bridgesmeet and greetan early flightparking packagebooked this hotelroom was largehotel stayfamily roomreception staffdays parkingholiday extras
Reviewed November 5, 2012

They charge per person, not per room. As such it is wildly overpriced for what you get.
Restaurant prices were high and the bar staff inexperienced.
Other than these observations I expect it is what one must expect from a chain hotel with a ready catchment for the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony F, Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback.

I must clarify that we do not sell per person per room rate, it's always been per room per night.

Our Bar & restaurant rate are in line with Market area and high street bar & restaurant prices.

I agree few of our team members have recently joined our team, hence they lack knowledge. We have a very rigorous training plan, which will make them more confident and knowledgeable.

Could you please email me you’re booking details in order for me to investigate the room rate.
My email address is operations@ramadahotelgatwick.co.uk.

I hope the above will not deter you from using us, I will recommend you to book room through our website, where we have loads of value offers.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and would certainly recommend it. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Seven of us ate in the restaurant on one evening and the food and service was very good. The receptionist was most helpful when we had difficulty printing out our boarding pass.

Room Tip: We had booked through a website which offered a good deal. Our room turned out to be an executive room. Delighted!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback on your recent stay.

I & my team delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we succeeded in creating positive impression to you.

Please visit our website for current value offers on Park & fly and social banqueting events.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed for 1 night on 29/9/12 before flying out from Gatwick.This is a nice hotel the room was lovely & there was a nice atmosphere in the bar when we had a drink & a bar snack.We would use again.
The reception staff were efficient & friendly.
We just booked a room as parking had been previously arranged.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happycouple3
Tony F, Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Reviewed October 26, 2012

With the air parks and hotel it is great value, but on encountering the unfriendly service at the front desk when we arrived I wished at the time that I'd booked elsewhere.
The room was clean and well equipped, however the bathroom wasn't great and very basic.The bar staff were efficient. We ordered food, one meal was lovely but the fishcakes were the worst I've ever tasted. They were truly awful, they were extremely hard and tasted stale. I would have given this feedback at the time if we had received a courtesy check, or had been asked at any point.
The night receptionist on check out was very friendly and efficient, a real bonus at 4am!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elaine B

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay with us.

At Ramada Plaza London Gatwick it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.
Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.
I have passed your comment to front desk Manager and Head chef for them to take corrective actions and training for the team.

Once again apology for the bad experience and hope you will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel has regularly been booked for us by Titan Travel over the past few years - also used it 3 years ago when my daughter flew over from Utah for a fortnight. After a long journey from Cardigan in West Wales this is an ideal hotel to relax (and recuperate after the 6 or more hour trip) before flying off somewhere the next day. I`d hate to travel up starting during the middle of the night to get to a morning flight. Best to relax and reflect. All the staff we have met have been industrious, friendly and helpful, and we look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: If you need a twin rather than a double bed always ask.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter L

We hope to welcome you back in near future.