Europa Gatwick Hotel
$93
$75
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley(Crawley)(Great Value!)
$79
$71
Agoda.com
$181
$163
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
$82
$110
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
2,984 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed one evening as I had an early flight the next day, so fortunately I spent as little time as possible here. The first experience was the shockingly bad car park. Although there are some marked spaces with tarmac underneath them, all of these were full so I had to park on a piece of ground which looked like a minefield after the mines had exploded. I stepped out of my car directly into wet mud which I then had to carry my suitcase over in order not to get it covered. The reception area of the hotel was OK, and both staff members who I spoke to on check-in were absolutely fine, so no problems there. The room however was a different story. I was put in the Britannia Lodge, which is a separate building next to the main hotel. As soon as you go through the door there is a smell of damp and the carpet is noticably dirty. The same thing continued inside the bedroom, there were stains and marks pretty much everywhere, from carpet to ceiling. The bed linen was clean, but the bed was extremely uncomfortable, and I can sleep anywhere normally, so for me to notice, it has to be pretty bad. I did not try the restaurant, so I'm unable to comment on this, but judging by the standards elsewhere, I was not in a hurry to experience it. There is a reason why this hotel is the cheapest in the area and the worst rated on Tripadvisor!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Timmo_66
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately due to bad weather we do have areas of the car park which has lots of mud and puddles. We do have 24hr Reception and a Duty Manager on shift at all times.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked a room here because of its low price and proximity to the airport. We had an early flight.
I wish I hadn't bothered, I have stayed in cheap hotels before with basic but clean rooms, not here.
We stayed in the 'lodge' part of the hotel, the room was dirty, stains on the carpet and an unpleasant odour, which had been partially covered up with a floral air freshener. The window in our room didn't seal properly around the frame and as it faced the m23 motorway was noisy throughout the night.
The bed was uncomfortable (could feel the sprigs in my back) and the curtains didn't stop the light, there was also an emergency light which had a green LED glowing all night.
The reception staff where not interested in trying to provide a service, we felt like an inconvenience.
The car park was shocking, badly prepared surfaces and cars abandoned on any available piece of land.
In summary, a dirty, noisy room which wasn't dark, poor car parking and rude staff. I wouldn't recommend it, use another cheap hotel near the airport, there are plenty!

Another thing that I thought was cheeky was the 50p surcharge for using a debit card, not a lot of money but there was no prior mention of it when i made my reservation.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
1  Thank scottlou
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for your comments. However we do have 24hr Reception and a Duty Manager on all shifts.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

stayed in this hotel for one night, it was enough ! Very very dirty . My bed had not been changed And I had to take bedding off one of the bunk beds and change the sheets and quilt . Carpets and chairs were badly stained and furniture didn't look like it had been cleaned in a while. TV did not work . The bathroom was no better, bath and toilet dirty and the walls and floor badly damaged . The public bar and lounge had stained carpets and damaged chairs and the place just looked scruffy and run down .The smell of nicotine is the first thing that hits you when you enter the hotel . I find it strange that after all the the negative reviews this hotel has been given neither the management or the group have responded to the comments I think this says it all !

Room Tip: Just don't stay at this hotel .
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We only have one section for smoking as we do have smoking rooms. The entrance main doors are constantly opening all the time so there is no smoke smell in the entrance area.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I could have wet the bed and smoked a cigar ( neither of which I am in the habit of doing by the way!) and it might have made this disgusting room smell better. Yes it was cheap, but I have paid the same amount before for a clean, comfortable no frills adequate room. The room stank of cigarette smoke, the stains on the carpet were numerous and the bath was so filthy we couldn't use it. We couldn't sleep due to smell despite having the windows wide open all night on a cold night. Read this and book somewhere else.......you have been warned.

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your comments. We do have non-smoking and smoking rooms available for guests. Unfortunately you will always have guests smoking in non-smoking rooms and the room attendants will always open the windows for a short while to freshen the room.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I spent valentines weekend here and were impressed they had put petals on the bed and as stated a nice bottle of bubbly awaited us. The only down side to the room was that they obviously did not check drawers as we found a saucer that had been used as an ashtray yuk and an old pair of stockings but that aside everything else was perfect. The meals on both nights were roast and you had a choice of 2 meats and trimmings and the dining area was decorated the breakfast offered cooked aswell as fruit so all in all lovely.we took advantage of the pool and jacuzzi and again we were impressed. Many people stay here for a stop over because it is close to the airport but to be honest this is a lovely get away hotel for a relaxing weekend the noise was minimal.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main hotel as they are bigger than the lodge
1  Thank loraine B

Thank you for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your Valentines evening.