“brilliant”

St. George's Restaurant at Ifield Court Hotel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I have to say what a lovely friendly clean hotel!.My husband and I came in on saturday evening for a meal. One of the nicest meals we have had for a long time, the food was stunning and very well cooked. the staff where very friendly and gave us first class service.It was also nice to see a happy female chef greeting the customers with a big smile, we will be coming back very soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I have to say its one of the worst meals I have ever endured! The menu sounded great and we ordered starters and main course - It was awful! I asked for a prawn cocktail which was advertised with fresh brown bread.... I presumed it was soda bread, but what I got was buttered triangles of a sliced pan!! The prawn sauce was definitely from a jar, and some dried up lettuce underneath it!
The chips were reheated or cooked twice,, not fresh... the beef strog was ok to be honest..
I would never set foot in there again (for dinner anyhow) and wouold recommend anyone staying there to eat elsewhere!

(We didnt sleep ther, we were in their sister hotel)

Reviewed June 5, 2011

we did not stay at the hotel but had an evening meal. The location is good & good parking. However, while the menu was good, the food & service lacks any finesse. The staff were attentive when chased but food looked like it was prepared in a hurry (chucked on plate) & long delays between courses. The food quality was only 'okay' as more akin to pub grub than fine dining.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

I had friends staying overnight at the Ifield court and met up with them and had dinner in the restaurant and I am shocked by some of the comments as I feel they are unjustified.

We have very good service from Symon and he explained that the restaurant was newly revamped as was the menu and excellent in our opinion.

Plenty of choices, the food was served promply, and what arrived was hot, fresh and very tasty.

There is a lovely bar area to relax in and in my opinion the atmosphere was relaxing and friendly and the meals are reasonably priced for a hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed them

Being a local we will return and look forward to eating there again, I wonder if some of these people who say they ate there actually did as our experience was excellent.

The views across the lawns are pricless too!

Well done Symon and staff.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

Stayed at sister hotel Little Foxes and this hotel was recommended for food as Little Foxes only offer breakfast.

What a dissapointment!

Food was awful - naan bread as hard as a floortile and curry tasted just like the cheapest frozen variety you could get. Waitress didn't even tell us that they had a specials board or what was available

Small portions an certainly expensive for what we got.

As we were leaving spoke to a couple who were just arriving and they said they had read the reviews before booking hotel and would not be dining in the hotel. Wished I'd thought of that!

1  Thank kilbane62