“March 2014”

Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
st. johhn's nl
“March 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here during a stopover at Gatwick airport for two nights. This Holiday Inn is on Hastlett Ave., there are two. Excellent staff, Excellent service, Clean and friendly. Wonderful breakfast, included in price! Have been using this hotel for years, and it never fails me!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Crockerholly,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is from guest’s feedback that I am able to monitor and continually progress the level of service we deliver to our guests.

I am delighted to read that you have found our hotel to be consistently excellent and that we have always provided you with efficient and friendly service. These kind comments have been shared with the team who I know thrive on such encouraging feedback.

I hope that we can welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future and for many more years to come.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Wiltshire, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Great value for your money. Free to park and there is a pub next door if you need to eat whilst staying here.
Had breakfast which was fine, but it was included in my rate, I am not sure I would pay for it if was not included in the rate.
Room was okay and the beds were not as comfy as other similar standard of this hotel.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Nlock,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Guest feedback is always taken very seriously and enables us to monitor and progress the level of customer care we deliver to our guests.

I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us and found us to be great value for money. I’m glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you were able to take advantage of our free parking.

I’m pleased that you found our breakfast to be satisfactory. For clarification of other readers I would like to confirm that our Express start breakfast is free of charge for all residents. We provide an extensive selection of continental breakfast items as well as hot items such as Sausages, scrambled egg and beans.

I hope that you will return to the hotel in the near future.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on stopover. Clean, bright, busy, friendly. Bar was good with good selection of meals and tv to watch. Rooms good pretty much as you would expect for an express. Only gripe is you have to pay cash to get the shuttle bus to the hotel (not unique to this hotel). Who has £3 in cash when you've arrived late of a flight from another country.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you chose us for your accommodation needs.

I am happy to read that you found our hotel to be clean and friendly and our rooms to be of a good standard. Here at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley we pride ourselves on providing a high level of customer service and it’s clear from your review that we achieved this.

I hope that we can welcome you back to stay with us again the near future.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel prior to a conference at a Gatwick Airport hotel. I chose this hotel as it was about half the price of the conference hotel and has free parking. It took less than 15 minutes to get to Gatwick when I left the hotel at 8:10am.

On arrival the receptionist was extremely helpful and had a number of takeaway menus to hand when requested - there is a Harvester pub on site that does takeaway but I had a pizza delivered with no problems. The free WiFi was excellent - I was able to watch TV via my tablet computer with no buffering.

The room was a good size with a double bed, sofa bed and desk. The bathroom was spotlessly clean - shower cubicle rather than bath. My room was at the end of a corridor which was a long way from reception however meant that I was not disturbed by people passing by at odd hours which can happen in airport hotels.

The only negative was the lighting in the room. It was quite dark but then overnight I was disturbed by an odd green light on a gas sensor which lit the whole room!

Overall excellent value and service with spotlessly clean rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear AngeJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley. It is from guest feedback that I am able to monitor and continually improve the level of service we provide to our guests.

I was delighted to read that you found us to be very competitively priced and conveniently located close to Gatwick airport. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our fast free Wi-Fi that has recently been upgraded to allow for an even better online experience.

I am sorry that you experienced difficulties with the lighting in your room. Your comments will be passed to my maintance team to resolve.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night prior to an early flight. The staff are without exception helpful, friendly and professional and the breakfast very good in quality and range. Our room was rather small and a little 'tired' so guess it is one awaiting refurbishment, but it was clean and the beds comfortable. I would stay again and certainly look at the accommodation and parking deal as although I'd shopped around, the deal stated by a previous reviewer was much cheaper.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Yvonnenetball,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It is from guest’s feedback that I am able to monitor and continually improve the level of service we provide to our guests

I am delighted to read that you found all of our staff to be helpful, friendly and professional. It gave me great pleasure to be able to share such positive feedback with the team.

We pride ourselves on offering competitive rates and our Best Price Guarantee means we promise the best rate every time you book with us directly either by phone or on our website. Booking in advance is the best way to save with our 21 day advance saver rate saving you at least 20% compared to the best flexible rate of the day.

I am pleased to read that you would be happy to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

uxbridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Room was a good size. Nice shower. comfy bed. Stayed for one night to go to a party down the road. Staff on front desk really helpful . Gave us take away menus and phoned for pizza delivery Also organised a cab for us.! Free parking which I know isn't available everywhere. Good value for a one night stay. Breakfast didn't look great so we gave it a miss though but that was our choice. If you only want a continental one or a snack its fine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple