Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
$163
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth(Crawley)(Great Value!)
$83
$69
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
$82
$95
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Free Internet
All reviewsharvester restaurantthree bridgeshi expressstayed herecar parkhot itemsfree breakfastbudget hotelyogurtminute driveclean hotelone night stayshort stayreception staffexcellent valuetea and coffee making facilitiesgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here before flying out of Gatwick the next morning. The hotel is about average for a holiday inn. We used the meet and greet system they offered through the hotel which was really great as it meant we could get up in the morning and travel straight to the airport without having to wait for a shuttle. I don't think they run a shuttle from this hotel? So that's something to bear in mind.

The room was comfortable enough and there was a fair choice in the way of a buffet breakfast - they do some hot food like sausages and eggs as well as typical continental stuff.

The only comment I would make is that they seemed a little short staffed when we arrived so it took a while to check in. However, the staff on reception were really friendly and gave us free access to the computer so that we could print our boarding passes the night before.

Overall, not a bad stay and would definitely be my first choice of airport hotel next time I fly from Gatwick!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of our Park, Stay and Fly package. Our prices are extremely and competitive and it also provides a hassle free way of starting your holiday.

You are correct in mentioning that the hotel does not run a shuttle, however there is a public bus service that runs adjacent to the hotel that can accommodate most travelling needs.

I want to express my thanks for the kind words that you have spoken about the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Friends from Wales have just started their journey home after visiting this weekend. Booked them into the Squareabout as the location is central to both my home and the town centre. Really good rooms, very clean. Service excellent. Hot breakfast included, coffee and cakes, sandwiches available on request and a late bar for guests and friends. All this for under £25 per person per night. Previously used other hotels for visiting guests - and been disappointed. Will certainly recommend and will definitely use again. For people needing an overnight stay before departure from Gatwick, don't pay airport prices. Walking distance to Three Bridges Station, local taxis are plentiful and reasonable.Special mention to front desk staff who were lovely. There is also a Harvester restaurant on the site.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that your friends had a good stay and we were able to accommodate both their and your needs.

As you mention we are slightly cheaper than airport hotels with the added bonuses of free parking and free breakfast. We also have a special rate with a local taxi company to provide the cheapest way from getting to the airport from the hotel.

I hope you had a good weekend with your friends and I look forward to welcoming both you and your guests back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was having a breakfast meeting with a business colleague that had been staying in the hotel. A gentleman in a wheelchair came out of the elevator followed by a housekeeping person pulling her vacuum cleaner along with her. Soon after I noticed that the person in the wheelchair had come in for breakfast. The Housekeeping staff member was now getting a coffee, juice and some toast for the gentleman. This to me is outstanding service and worth commenting on, both for the staff member looking after someone staying in the hotel and from the management who support this kind of initiative. Well done to you all.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Taz M
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel and the service that it provides. Here at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley we strive to offer the greatest service possible and I am delighted that you have witnessed this type of service for yourself.

I am also pleased that you chose to have your meeting in the lounge area as it is a quiet enough space with plenty of natural light. If you are interested in holding more of your meetings here in the future, we do have meeting facilities available if you desire. Please contact me at the hotel or email matthew@sojournhotels.co.uk for more detais.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look orward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We make a point of staying in a number of Holiday Inn Expresses when traveling in Europe. We usually book the night before we fly somewhere.....to be close to the airport at a know entity. This is the first one that disappointed us in many years! We requested a triple so that our adult daughter could join us. The sleep sofa was not much more than a futon and had a very uncomfortable mattress.....ours wasn't much better. The air conditioning unit did not work and there was no one available to repair it......the room was hot. My husband did get another room after not being able to sleep. My daughter and I stuck it out since we were already in bed. My husband said the second room was cooler, but that bed was not comfortable either. All in all, it was not up to usual Holiday Inn standards....tired decor in room and in breakfast area......a stark contrast to others we have enjoyed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I want to apologise for the bad experience that you encountered whilst at the hotel. I have passed your comments on to our executive housekeeper to investigate the uncomfortable nature of both your bed and sofa bed to ensure this type of issue does not happen again. I would also like to apologise that no one was able to fix your air conditioning and therefore your room was hot, we do offer fans to all guests that require them in such situations and I'm sorry one was not offered to you whilst at the hotel.

Thanks for your comments and I hope to see you again at the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here very briefly in room at top floor so thought it would be quiet, how wrong we were , constant noise from cars coming and going and the Harvester next door. . We thought the room was small and we were very disapointed there was no bath. There were cigerete burns on the nett curtains !!
When I husband went to reception he asked if we could have a room with a bath and somewhere quieter, the guy behind the desk said no we don't have any rooms with baths. There was no upgrade ? This was not stated when we booked. He was rude and did not care that we left an hour later for a better room in another hotel .

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank huskybike
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear huskybike,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that being able to relax is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise service you received from our staff. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.