First of all, this hotel is near Gatwick airport not Heathrow. My travel agent really dropped the ball on this one. If you are flying into Gatwick, then this is a nice place to stay. You can easily take Bus 20 (2.20 pounds) or the train. The bus stops right at the hotel and the train is about a five minute walk. There are a few nice things nearby like a shopping mall, park and a library. You can walk or take the bus. Getting around is very easy, but not close to London.
Pros - Friendly staff, clean bedding and towels, bathroom was clean, small heater available (If you go when it's cold, get the heater! Look at where the heater is in the room, above the door.) Nice restaurant next door, okay breakfast but no changes to it, and the internet connect was excellent.
Cons - Everything cost money. Internet 3 pounds per hour/10 pounds all day. You could get a light lunch with free internet downstairs but it was cold. I wanted to be in my room, comfortable surfing the net and doing some work. Instead I sat in a cold uncomfortable sitting area. Why do cheap hotels offer free internet and not the higher end hotels? There was free tea in your room, but not in the sitting area. There were no little shampoos and things, but you could ask for them. There was no counter space. There was no outlet next to the bed. (This was in the old wing. Ask for the new wing if you want one by the bed.) Bed was bouncy and all four pillows hard and flat. The rug looked awful. I expected better from a Holiday Inn. AND no mini bar!
This felt almost like a motel rather than a hotel. But the staff was friendly and they do try to make your stay comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley Hotel is located just 15 minutes from Gatwick Airport & less than 10 minutes from J/10 of M23. We offer onsite parking for residents at a rate of £7 per day. Three Bridges & Crawley stations are walking distance & offer's easy links to Brighton, London & beyond. Crawley Town center with selective shops and restaurants is at pleasant walking distance. Buses go to Gatwick and Crawley including Manor Royal. Ideally situated for both leisure & business travelers the hotel has Free Wireless Internet access in all areas. All bedrooms offer TV with free view satellite channels, telephone, tea & coffee facilities, and hairdryer, dry cleaning & power showers. Complimentary continental buffet breakfast with selective hot items served for all guests. The Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley has a well equipped meeting room seating up to 25 people, rates starting from just £85. Local attractions include The Hawth Theatre. K2 Leisure Centre. Tilgate Forest Golf Course & County Mall Shopping Centre. You could also visit the nearby Hever Castle, the birthplace of Anne Boleyn. Biggin Hill. Chessington World of Adventure & Thorpe Park,Nearby Towns include Horsham, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Reigate & Redhill. Adjacent to the hotel is the Harvester restaurant, serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm, famous for their flame grilled steaks, spit roast chicken, and salad cart. This is a non smoking hotel but with designated area for smokers. Hotel has air-conditioned Bar with flat screen TV and satellite channels which also serve snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley Hotel Crawley
- Holiday Inn Express Crawley
- Holiday Inn Crawley
- Crawley Holiday Inn