Airport hotels are typically pretty grim - run down with terrible service. I have stayed here half a dozen times over the past couple of months and found it very good value for money.
Service is generally pleasant - there are exceptions, of course, both very good and pretty poor! - but generally more than acceptable.
The newly refurbished rooms are very good indeed; attractive, "non-budget" decor and good bathrooms which follow the Hilton model of providing a large, walk-in shower instead of a bath.
Breakfast is HIX standard, which is frankly pretty poor, but at least it's free...
As a Priority Club member, Internet access was free (which it should be in all hotels, in my view).
This is now my base when I'm in the Crawley area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley Hotel is located just 15 minutes from Gatwick Airport & less than 10 minutes from J/10 of M23. We offer onsite parking for residents at a rate of £7 per day. Three Bridges & Crawley stations are walking distance & offer's easy links to Brighton, London & beyond. Crawley Town center with selective shops and restaurants is at pleasant walking distance. Buses go to Gatwick and Crawley including Manor Royal. Ideally situated for both leisure & business travelers the hotel has Free Wireless Internet access in all areas. All bedrooms offer TV with free view satellite channels, telephone, tea & coffee facilities, and hairdryer, dry cleaning & power showers. Complimentary continental buffet breakfast with selective hot items served for all guests. The Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley has a well equipped meeting room seating up to 25 people, rates starting from just £85. Local attractions include The Hawth Theatre. K2 Leisure Centre. Tilgate Forest Golf Course & County Mall Shopping Centre. You could also visit the nearby Hever Castle, the birthplace of Anne Boleyn. Biggin Hill. Chessington World of Adventure & Thorpe Park,Nearby Towns include Horsham, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Reigate & Redhill. Adjacent to the hotel is the Harvester restaurant, serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm, famous for their flame grilled steaks, spit roast chicken, and salad cart. This is a non smoking hotel but with designated area for smokers. Hotel has air-conditioned Bar with flat screen TV and satellite channels which also serve snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley Hotel Crawley
- Holiday Inn Express Crawley
- Holiday Inn Crawley
- Crawley Holiday Inn