“Convenient choice for a stop-over”

Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed October 26, 2012

An overnight stay on the way back from the south coast. Convenient access from the M23 and plenty of parking space. Room perfectly adequate, reception quite efficient and friendly, reasonable breakfast, acceptable price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

I am glad you found the hotel to be convenient for your travelling needs. We are blessed to have plenty of free parking spaces which makes the hotel easy to access by car.

I am pleased you enjoyed our continental breakfast with the hot items and happy you enjoyed your room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrived at the Hotel just after midnight, great reception, good bed, well fitted bathroom, and a good nights sleep..we needed it.
Next morning, good buffet breakfast.
Not stayed at a Hoiday Inn Express before, much better than we thought for a budget hotel, many 4 and 5 star hotels could learn from Holiday Inn Express, very good polite, helpfull staff and the whole hotel was very clean.
The Hotel is 5 miles from Gatwick Airport and makes for a great stopover. Thank you to all the staff.
If you are booking this hotel then do so during uk business hours otherwise you will get through to America, and they do not speak English we had great difficulty in making ourselves understood.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

I am delighted to read your comments and thrilled we exceeded your expectations.

We believe our breakfast provides an excellent choice of continental items and our hot choice of sausage, scrambled egg and beans suits everybody's needs.

Our staff take great pride in their work and are very pleased to read your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when next in the Gatwick Crawley area.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Clean and fresh hotel .
Beds comfortable - rooms not huge but ok
Nice flat screen TV
Free breakfast was good
Loads of parking
Next doot to Havester
Quite away form the airport £10ish in taxi
Only down side had to pay for wifi

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are privileged to have a lot of free on site parking spaces for our guests which makes it easy to come and go from the hotel.

I am pleased you found everything to be clean and to your satisfaction. Complimentary Wi-Fi is something that will be reviewed.

Many thanks for the kind words regarding the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back when next in the Gatwick area.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a good hotel, check in was a breeze and the staff are lovely (shout out to James). I stayed here for several nights due to a training course and it was excellent. The rooms are lovely and clean, the shower was massive. Breakfast did what it said on the tin - Sausage, Beans, Scrambled eggs, Bread for toast (toast yourself), Bread rolls, Croissantes, Muffins, Various cereals, Grapefruit segments, etc plus lots of jam, Nutella, Marmite etc. Coffee machine is ok - not Starbucks but its ok. Rooms come with Tea, Coffee and if you need more just ask at reception. Slight issue with key card - we had to keep having them re-programmed but not a massive issue. The Harvester provided entertainment as some of the staff were "not too good" but I'll review that seperately - it is good value though. Would recommend to anyone and would'nt hesitate booking in here if I was flying out of Gatwick (fyi - taxi is approx £5) - its a Holiday Inn, remember that, its not the Savoy so stop complaining!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such kind words about the hotel.

I am thrilled you had an easy check-in experience. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We adhere to the standards of a Holiday Inn Express when it comes to breakfast and we hope it provides something for everybody. As for the coffee, I have passed along your comments to our breakfast supervisor so we can attempt to improve this facility.

I am delighted you had an enjoyable experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here for one night in October. Rooms where typical holiday inn, clean, comfortable. The staff were very polite and friendly. There is a small bar and comfortable lounge with two large screen televisions in all the hotel is ok for one or two nights stay. Snacks and pre made sandwiches can be purchased. An harvester pub adjacent with restaurant and bar meals service. All in all a very typical holiday inn, which are ok for one or two night stop over

Room Tip: Foot traffic noise from floors above, suggest top floor rooms will not have this

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Our staff are always delighted to receive positive feedback about the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

stayed here for one night before early morning flight from Gatwick, efficient check in, and room was basic but functional, and very clean. Great value for money compared to other "airport" hotels" would thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank GWilson1964

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review about Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. Our staff take pride in the work they do and I know they are happy yo see such kind words about the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the Gatwick area.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I arrived late one night after roughly 24 hours of continuous travelling into Gatwick. At the check-in counter, the clerk pulled up my reservation and asked that I provide the TripAdvisor internet voucher that was used to book my room and provide payment. I was certain that I had booked and prepaid (one of the nonrefundable. prepaid rates) on the Holiday Inn website...but I think the jet lag had caught up with me and I wasn't quite sure how to respond.
I tried to explain that I had prepaid and my online bank account showed that the funds had already been transferred. I did recall that I looked the hotel up in Trip Advisor but was certain that I had paid for the room via a different website. What's more, I had NO idea that a Trip Advisory voucher existed for things like that (it made sense, I just didn't know they had them). Anyway, I showed the clerk the confirmation email that I had received, but he kept insisting that I needed to provide a voucher and recommended that I buy some time for the internet kiosk so I could print off the aforementioned document.
I actually considered doing as he requested but couldn't think of how I could convince him of my veracity without producing that "mystical" voucher.
Finally, the clerk did some more research on his computer and somewhere it showed that I had indeed paid for the room and didn't need to provide anything else.

Anyway, I would have given it a lower rating but the rest of our short stay turned out better. A decent breakfast with hot item options and great service by food service staff. Also, the service at the front desk the next day was great. Rooms are what you'd expect.
If you're taking the bus to Gatwick, the bus stop is a short walk away, right across the street and visible from the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

First of all, let me apologise for the inconvenience you experienced while checking-in to the hotel. The voucher you were asked to provide does exist but you should never have been asked for it at check-in. A full investigation has been launched as to why you were asked to provide such a document to make sure no such thing happens again in the future.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.