“a gamble that paid off!”
Review of Giggling Squid - CLOSED

Giggling Squid
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I telephoned our local Thai take away in Haywards Heath and they put me on hold …and then forgot me -RUDE! So I called the Giggling Squid in Crawley - It's 20 minutes from my home but we wanted thai so I hoped for the best. I have tried a few restaurants in Crawley and never had a good meal, so I was worried…. BUT although it was a tiny bit cold due to the journey, the food was absolutely delicious. It was a good price, they gave excellent service on the phone and when I got there. All in all a very good experience! I will be back!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Visited this restaurant on the 15th of March 2014. Our friend like Thai food, so I decided to invite them to giggling squid. I had a dinner at this restaurant about 2 years ago. It had some nice reviews, so me and my wife gave it a try. Frankly, that was a very disappointing experience. Food was very average at extra ordinary price.
So, this time I was very cautious about this place, but it being the only Thai place around, kinda had no choice. Recent Council rating of 2 out of 5 on scores on the doors, made it even more spooky choice. But with an attitude" hey, how much worst can it get", we decided to go ahead with the booking.
I'm really glad we did, because it was a lovely evening. Food was very appetizing looking all around us, place was buzzing. Waiting staff were attentive and polite. The only issue I had was with my starter- scallops. I couldn't find any on my plate. They were so tiny, I'm not even sure they were scallops, tasted more like mussels to me. They were craftly hidden by garnish on top and big salad leaf underneath. And at £6.75 per plate I was expecting to actually meet the scallop. All our other dishes were very nice and colorfull. And overall bill didn't disappoint at all. It came to £147.00 including beer and vine(4 people). So overall, I was pleasantly surprised. Would defenetly come back. I hope they keep up their good work.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Visited here twice now & the food has been outstanding on both occasions, beautifull presented & tastes fantastic. Staff are friendly & very helpful, when we asked to change one of the dishes on a set starter selection there was no problem. Highly recommend the Giggling Squid.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Visited last night after My Thai in Crawley had 'lost' our reservation. Food was as usual excellent, and the service was great, staff where extremely helpful and efficient, despite it being full. Look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful decor and a very warm welcome.
Service was excellent and the staff were very attentive. The wine selection was also excellent.
Probably one of the best Thai meals I have had and would highly recommend