“Great food. Service a bit poor.”
Review of Giggling Squid - CLOSED

Giggling Squid
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went to Giggling Squid in July 2012 for a wedding anniversary. The restaurant came highly recommended by a good friend.

I've got to say the food is fantastic. The combination of flavours in the lamb that I had was stunning. The only thing that let the restaurant down for me was the slow service and the fact that I had to order my drink three times as the waiter forgot it twice.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is interesting. You wouldn't think that you are on Crawley high street.

Also if you want a pre-dinner drink then head next door for a great cocktail in the Octopus Bar

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Ate here midweek whilst away on business and could not really fault the place. Food was excellent, Staff were happy and it was decent value. Be careful how hot you ask for your food as they will ramp the heat up but overall excellent and would definately go back again !!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in Crawley, I find myself there at least once or twice a week when I visit. Love the food, the people are wonderful, and on a nice night, I really enjoy the patio dining in front. The people recognized me after the first visit and are wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to take anyone here, the experience is wonderful, and it is well priced on top of that.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went there on a Saturday evening with my wife. We had high expectations based on the reviews on tripadvisor, but were left a little deflated. Food, service and ambience were all OK but not enough to make us feel that this was a special place and that we really wanted to come back again.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I liked this place. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food seemed authentic. Certainly there were some Thai customers which is a good sign. Their signature dish, Giggling Squid, was excellent albeit rather sweet for my taste. All of my friends enjoyed their food.