“Easy Stay before we flew”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed July 5, 2013

great place to stay before jetting off from Gatwick south terminal.
If you do the stay park fly though be warned to check you have registered all your details as when I tried to leave the long stay car park they weanted a £156 bill to be paid!!
apparently Premier inn are notorious for not updating the system with correct car details and reg numbers!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be so convenient for Gatwick Airport.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the trouble you had exiting the car park on your return. Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me. Phone 01293819120 or email operationsmanager.gatwickmanorroyal@whitbread.com.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Premier Inn hotels have really upped their game and it really showed at the Manor Royal. We had an overnight stay here between flights into and out of Gatwick and we were very impressed with the quality of our room, the level of service and the excellent food in the Thyme Restaurant. The only draw back is that it is a bus ride from Gatwick on the G6, which at the South Terminal is from bus stop 9 to the left of the arrivals exit doors and they only run every hour, on the half hour, which is quite a long wait if you have just missed one like we did. However, I telephoned the hotel and they arranged a local taxi from a company called Metro which we efficient and it cost £8.50 for the two of us, compared to £6 on the bus. Here's a tip, if you chose the taxi option make sure they are given your number so the driver can call you when he gets to the terminal as it is exceptionally busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from lift doors to ensure a quieter night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reacher33

I am delighted you were so impressed with your stay here and found the level of service to be so high. I'm especially pleased you felt that Gatwick Manor Royal was indicative of a general improvement in the standards provided by Premier Inn and I hope we can welcome you back again one day.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel under Premier Inn's Sleep Park Fly scheme on 23rd June. As others have remarked, Manor Royal is a very large, modern, clean and comfortable hotel with friendly and welcoming staff. The only downside is that it's on an industrial estate a few minutes from the airport, but as long as you own a car or else are happy to eat in the (very good) restaurant, that is not a problem. Also, when you complete Premier Inn's electronic booking form, don't forget to look for the boxes where you register your car details because when you leave your car at the airport long stay car park the next morning, the system depends on ANPR to let you in. Overall, if you want a smart and efficient hotel to stay at before setting off on your hotel, this is incredibly good value for money. We paid £69 for an overnight stay and one week's parking. Brilliant!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AlanAbbott48
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our Sleep Park Fly package to be such great value for money. I am also pleased you found our Thyme Restaurant to be so good and I hope you enjoyed you holiday.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Premier Inn; my fiancée has had a couple of bad experiences with other chains when travelling for work and suggested we try Premier Inn. We were not disappointed. Ideally located for the wedding we attended in Reigate and the reception in Newdigate, but we would also not hesitate to stay there should we ever happen to be flying out of Gatwick (as it seemed most guests were).
Noise from the airport was barely audible even though we were just a few minutes drive away. The staff looked after us brilliantly, responding quickly to any requests and checking at least once a day that everything was alright. We reluctantly ate in the restaurant on the first evening but shouldn't have been so concerned! The food was much better than expected and staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found you Room to be so quiet. I am especially pleased that the Team went out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I hope you enjoyed the wedding and that you'll return to us one day should you find yourself in the area.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Only downpoint is the location in the middle of an industrial/business area, so nowhere to go there. Take a bus/taxi to Crawley centre and you`ll find everything. Very friendly staff overall! Me like :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Team to be so friendly. I hope you'll consider us should you fly from Gatwick Airport again; everyone here certainly looks forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here on June 29th to attend a wedding locally. We booked two rooms, one for my me and my wife and one for our daughter, her partner and two young children. Everything about the rooms and the hotel, including the excellent very friendly staff, is superb and all at an amazing value for money price. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. The rooms are very clean, modern and comfortable with all the facilities you would expect, even a choice of pillows, Hotel parking is very easy and secure with a pin code barrier exit. My daughter has already said she will use the hotel for future weekend visits into London.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found your Room to be so clean, comfortable and up to date. It's great that you encountered such a friendly and helpful Team and I am so pleased that you would so readily recommend Gatwick Manor Royal.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here in May before flying to Cyprus. Lovely hotel but I didn't realise how far it was from the airport. There is a great bus link outside the airport, its about a fiver each way (no returns!) but it was difficult with 6 suitcases! We were due to stay here on our return journey too, but cancelled & changed to the Premier Inn North Terminal-much more convenient!
Nice, quiet nights sleep though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and had a nice, quiet night's sleep. I hope you had a lovely time in Cyprus and that you enjoyed your stay at Premier Inn Gatwick North Terminal as well.