“Delightful but busy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Llangadog, United Kingdom
“Delightful but busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here but had to eat out as there was a 40 minute wait for dinner that Saturday night. That being said the staff were excellent, room great and breakfast superb.
The location was great and parking easy and we had a warm welcome as we arrived by attentive staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew G
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found such a warm welcome on your arrival, I am also delighted that you enjoyed our Premier Breakfast so much.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Newcastle-upon-tyne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I wouldn't want to be based in this hotel for a long holiday, but that's not what airport hotels are for! Convenient shuttle bus, comfortable rooms, and superb value if you book ahead to get a good rate. Premier Inn is rapidly becoming my preferred chain hotel when travelling with the family. The breakfast buffet was especially good before a long day's journey (and free for children accompanied by a paying adult).

1 Thank PhysPhil

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be such good value for money. I am especially pleased that you enjoyed our Premier Breakfast so much and I sincerely hope we can welcome you back to Gatwick Manor Royal again.

Kind Regards

Portrush
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very clean room good price and very quiet great nights sleep, would recommend. This hotel is a few miles from the airport but easy to get to, also free parking

Nothing much near the hotel but this is really only an airport hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Patricia L

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and had a great night's sleep. It's great that our unique location was so convenient for you.

south coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel before flying from Gatwick. The option to stay and park for eight days was excellent value. We even had a phone call on the way to the hotel because we had forgotten to register the details of our car online so that we wouldn't have a problem when we turned up at the airport the next morning.

The hotel is very comfortable and clean, good value bar and, judging by the menu, restaurant, although we didn't eat there so can't comment on the food. The total cost for the stay and park for 8 days was £69 which is fantastic as the parking would have cost us £108 had we just turned up and parked at the longstay carpark.

Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmmySouthCoast

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our Stay Park Fly package to be so convenient and such great value. I am also pleased that you found Gatwick Manor Royal to be so clean and comfortable and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again.

Kind Regards

Taunton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a good value hotel for the location (close to Gatwick). The rooms are adequate but I find it very annoying that the soap dispensers are always virtually empty (I take my own stuff but would like to be able to use their stuff as well). The double bed was not as comfortable as the normal premier inn beds as it sank in the middle. The only downside to the room was the noise of the bins at night and early in the morning. We were on the 5th floor but directly above the bins so it was very noticeable.
The restaurant in the evening was not great and in future we would go out and eat and then come back. Most of the staff are of eastern bloc ethnicity and although their badges said that they could speak English, Polish and Russian, the English was not good. I asked what the seasonal fruit was in the seasonal fruit compote on the cheesecake and was just told, "Berries" in a particularly Rosa Klebb style voice. I was curious to know what type of berries are in season in February and in England I can only think of poisonous ones - Holly, cotoneaster etc! In fact, when the pudding arrived there were no berries, but a rather unpleasant purple goo which had been dribbled on the cheesecake. When I tasted it, I think it was off as it tasted nasty! One of our guests at the table ordered waffles and he was presented with one waffle which had been cut into three 'soldiers' and each one was crusty and not at all waffle-like. Both were sent back and removed from the bill.
Breakfast was better and the staff were mainly Indian type and extremely polite and helpful (and they understood English!). The scrambled egg was somewhat rubbery and hash browns had probably been warmed up from the previous day, but other than that the meal was not too bad. Again, I'd probably not bother with breakfast and get something somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and found the location to be convenient.

Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered during your time here. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss these further. Call 01293819120 or email operationsmanager.gatwickmanorroyal@whitbread.com.

Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Used this hotel for me, husband and my 2 children aged 8 & 11 to stay the night before a flight in the morning from Gatwick on Monday 4th Feb 2013, price was very competitive so we booked 2 rooms as it’s no fun trying to get sleep with 2 kids in the same room, my daughter and myself went in 1 room whilst my husband and son went in another, the set up was a queen sized bed and a single bed in both rooms. Can’t fault the location of hotel for airport, cleaniness of the rooms was great, tea/coffee in the room, tv’s, bedding, bathroom great shower and good sized bath complete with shower gel, towels etc and the self serve breakfast, booked a table for evening meal in the restarant and food was good. Staff were helpful and the parking catered for plenty (don’t forget to get the gate password to get our off the car park. The only thing is the pillows for me were unbelievable uncomfortable , but value for money and definitely use again.

1 Thank walesscarlet

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be such a great pre-flight stopover. I am also pleased that you found your Room to be so clean and well appointed.

I hope you had a great holiday and that we can welcome you back to Gatwick Manor Royal again sometime.

Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Overnight stay before our holiday to Portugal. Great start to the holiday. All staff were very helpful and seemed interested in our travels.

If we fly from Gatwick again we will definitely stay here.

Thanks for another great stat Premier Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

I am so pleased your stay at Gatwick Manor Royal provided you with a great start to your holiday. I am especially delighted that the Team proved so friendly and helpful.