“Highly recommended!”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed January 23, 2013

An excellent place to stop-over prior to our flight from Gatwick the next day.Very comfy bed & clean well presented rooms.Ample free parking too & helpful friendly staff. An added bonus was that it was also super value! What more could we ask for!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found your Room to be so clean and well presented. I'm delighted that you felt we provided such great value for money and I hope you will consider us should you fly from Gatwick Airport again.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,704)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is possible to spend quite a lot of money on a hotel at, or near Gatwick Airport. This is not the closest, but, after two stays in the past two months, it is, in my opinion, hard to beat.
All the staff, without exception were helpful, and friendly, even greeting us on our second stay, with a "Welcome back"!
Rooms are fine, quiet, light, and warm(November & January), but not too warm for sleeping.
Keep you toiletries handy, as the rooms only supply soap (no shampoo, bath gel etc.).They do have a hairdryer, and the mirror/light by the wardrobe, is excellent. This is England, - no sockets for hairdryers in the bathroom!
The beds are very comfortable, and the Tea/Coffee making tray, very welcome.
Darren was a big help, when, on our outward journey, we had problems printing our Boarding passes.
He had everything waiting for us, when we went to breakfast the next morning. There is a printer, and normally things like adding baggage, or checking in, can be printed out immediately.Thanks for the help Darren, and the warm welcome on our return from holiday.
We wanted to do a little shopping in Crawley, and had a list of where we wanted to go. Deepali was very quick to help, and we soon had directions, and an inexpensive taxi organised. Another big "Thank you"
We booked the "Package", which included Dinner, and Breakfast, check to be sure you will not have to leave for the Airport, before breakfast starts. Dinner is very good, and the Thyme Restaurant is laid out in a design that, unlike many, does not give you the feeling of eating in large, open room, rather, a small Bistro. Not important if the food is awful! But here, the food, and choice are really good. Staying twice, meant we were able to try quite a few items, all very good, with very attentive service.
A three course Dinner, and a hot, and cold Buffet Breakfast ! Amazing for the price.
I never went on a lovely holiday before, where the stay overnight at an airport hotel would be something I looked forward to, as part of the holiday. Great staff, obviously with good management.
This is not the most expensive hotel, by far, but it is, I believe way up there with the best.

2  Thank TravelBean024

What a genuine pleasure it is to read such a positive and enthusiastic Review. I am absolutely delighted that both of your stays were such wonderful experiences. That you would look forward to an overnight stay here as a part of your holiday is about the highest compliment you could possibly pay us. Such kind comments as yours will only serve to motivate the Team to maintain the high standards you encountered and I hope this is evident should you return.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I didn't realise when I booked that there are more than one Premier-Inns at Gatwick airport so I first went to the wrong hotel and was not very happy when informed that I was booked at a different Premier-Inn and that it was ten minutes drive away. The staff suggested I take a taxi but I decided to try my luck with the local buss services and it turned out to be very easy to take the bus from the terminal and to Premier-Inn Royal Manor. The bus took less than ten minutes and the Royal Manor manor version of Premier-Inn looked in every respect nicer than the one right outside the terminal. The staff were friendly and the room was nice. I had to catch an early flight so I didn't try out the breakfast so I can't comment on that. Having to spend a night at Gatwick in the future I would definitely choose this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the Team to be so friendly. It is an honour for us that you would definitely choose to stay at Gatwick Manor Royal should you fly from Gatwick Airport again and we all look forward to welcoming you back in that event.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good hotel , rooms were very clean and tidy .
Restaurant offer a nice varyity of foods at reasonable prices all well prepared and fresh, nice and cossy bar for a evening drink .
Further staff is verry friendly and helpfull.
Will certainly come back
thx for the service mr tiago

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the building are less subject to the street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and encountered such friendly and helpful Team members. I am especially delighted that you found our Thyme Restaurant and Bar to be so comfortable and such good value.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Excellent value, good position, friendly staff, very nice, quiet, clean room, free parking and a good meal in the restaurant. What more could you ask for from an airport hotel. It meets all my criteria for an overnight stay before flying. We will certainly return.

1  Thank PebsDorset
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

I am absolutely delighted that we ticked all of your boxes as far as Airport Hotels are concerned. I am so pleased that you will definitely look to return to Gatwick Manor Royal; everyone here looks forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to find a well presented and well located Premier for an overnight stay before flying out from Gatwick. Very clean room with a nice touch with a choice of hard or soft pillows. Decent meal in the bar in the evening and helpful and friendly staff. All in all a pleasant experience.

3  Thank Snaith
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found your Room to be so clean and well equipped. I am also pleased that you had a nice experience in our Thyme Restaurant and I hope that you'll consider Gatwick Manor Royal should you fly from Gatwick Airport again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Another very good Premier Inn where you get what you pay for. Staff very excellent and room was clean and tidy. The breakfast was good and tasty. Our room was facing the road which was fairly business most of the time, even though it was through an industrial estate. It did make for a less than perfect sleep and I would strongly recommend a room at the rear.
All round a good property and great value at £29 for a week day night.

Room Tip: Away from main road at the back of hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and found the Team to be so welcoming.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you found it less than easy to sleep during your stay. It is rare for traffic noise to affect a Guest's stay and is unacceptable when it does occur. If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me. Phone 01293819120 or email operationsmanager.gatwickmanorryal@whitbread.com.