“Great hotel for the price”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel prior to going on holiday early the next morning. Hotel was room was a good size, very clean, very comfortable bed and pillows. Staff helpful. Excellent location for North terminal of Gatwick. For the price paid very good value, would definately stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janine L
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found your Room to be so clean and comfortable. I am so pleased that you would choose to stay at Gatwick Manor Royal again and sincerely hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

By contrast with other local Premier Inns, this hotel is the dogs bits! It is very modern, very clean, and the restaurant is one you feel happy eating in. As a result of all this the Manor Royal is usually the first one to be full up - the customer knows best! I have stayed here on business on many occasions and, when in Crawley, it is the hotel of choice.

Room Tip: If you like plane spotting, try to get a high floor room on the front of the hotel - great view of G...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BarrynEileen

I am so pleased that we have become your Hotel of choice when in the Crawley area. I'm delighted that you continue have such great experiences at Gatwick Manor Royal; particularly in our Thyme Restaurant. I hope we can still be providing you with the service you so kindly praise long into the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I used this Premier Inn recernty when on a work trip, and have to say I was very impressed, although it does have some shortcomings.

Unusually, for a Premier Inn, it has its own internal restaurant and bar, which serve a good range of reasonably-priced food and drink. No Real Ale is a common gripe of mine, even iin 4 star hotels; this place at least has some quality bottled ale, which is better than nothing, although it is often served at the wrong temperature.

The rooms themselves are modern and functional, and include somewhere tho hang jackets, which for some reason is a very unusual feature in hotel bedrooms.

The hotel is used primarily by people on business in the surrounding industrial estate, but is connected to Gatwick airport by one of the shuttle buses. This bus service goes on all night, and is quite noisy when it parks outside the hotel. The rooms at the back are slightly better in this respect but don't escape the noise entirely as the bus has to drive around the hotel to exit the car park. For me this was the worst aspect of the hotel, and I struggled to get any decent sleep.

Overall though, it is a decent place, and the staff are very friendly and attentive. I think they use this hotel for staff training, so they are generally very enthusiastic if not particularly efficient!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Aid5

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our Thyme Restaurant to be such good value.

Please accept my apologies for the noise that disturbed your sleep during your stay. I understand that the company that runs the Shuttle Bus service was forced to use some older buses on a few occasions recently; these have louder engines than their regular fleet. I am so sorry that your night was ruined by this inconvenience. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me. Phone 01293819120 or email operationsmanager.gatwickmanorroyal@whitbread.com.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice before and it was good.
However, I have to say that our recent stay at this location was very disappointing. My wife and I stayed at the beginning of November prior to a ten hour flight. We arrived to find the reception in chaos, with nobody explaining what was going on. Their booking in system had gone down, but someone still could have told those waiting why it was taking so long to book in. There was a male stood to one side who looked like a Duty Manager but he failed to talk to any of those waiting in the queue.
Then when we checked our booking with the restaurant which had been made months before and was confirmed on my paperwork, they did not have it and then told us we would have to eat in the bar area. I said that this was unacceptable and they relented. To make matters even more confusing, when we went into the restaurant, there were empty tables which were not used while we ate. So why were we told that the restaurant was full?
As I am talking about the restaurant, when we did get in, the staff were pleasant enough, but the meal which took ages to come once we had ordered, was no better than average and I have had better in local pubs.
On going into our room, it was cold. Bearing in mind that the outside temperature was a cold day, you would have thought that the staff would have put the heating on. I have experienced this in this hotel on a previous occasion where we had to change rooms.
We tried to follow the instructions and put the heating on, but in the end had to go to reception who then miraculously put the heating on for our room from downstairs. We asked to change to another room but were refused saying that the heating was now working. However, it took ages for the room to heat up to an acceptable temperature.
At least the room was quiet, and at least the other facilities worked.
It was a disappointing stay to say the least. What the staff need to realize is that this stay at their hotel is the beginning of the holiday for the majority and they want a good experience. The standards though had definitely dropped to a disappointing level on this occasion, and also, although completing their feedback form in telling them all this, they have failed to respond which shows another failing in their customer care.
It would be nice to think this was a one off, but too many things went wrong and we were pleased to be out of this hotel in the morning not even bothering to stay for breakfast.
I suspect that the heating not being on is done on purpose as a money saving exercise as this is the second time we have stayed and experienced this. When customers go to their room, they want it to be warm and inviting, not cold which then takes ages to get it to any reasonable temperature. The management need to resolve this policy if as I suspect this is what happens.
We are hoping that when we stayed that this was a one off chaotic evening where the level of customer service fell well short of what it should have been and that normal service is resumed in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank billandfoxy
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Social Media Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here twice with my daughter last week. The hotel is clean, staff are friendly and the beds are comfortable. The first room I had was a little noisy, sounded like I was next to some kind of laundry cupboard. The second room was silent. I would definately stay here again next time i'm flying from Gatwick and would recommend the food, it was delicious!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jill M
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

I am so pleased that both of your stays were comfortable and that you enjoyed the food in our Thyme Restaurant so much. I am delighted that you would definitely choose to stay with us again and everyone here looks forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed as a family of 4 at this hotel as a stayover before an early morning flight from Gatwick. We are regular Premier Inn users and as usual, impressed with the facilities and quality of the stay. The Hotel is about 1.5 -2 miles form the South terminal but easily located for both North and South terminal flights.

Our room was fine - on the 2nd floor but all floors are serviced by lifts so no problem, we had a family room and two single beds had been provided for the kids which was nice. Plenty of towels and bedding for the family.

Restaurant downstairs was a "Thyme" restaurant which got really busy when we visited - we checked in on the kiosk and didnt make a reservation so I would recommend booking a table on check-in. Breakfast the next day was great and much better than eating in the airport, kids eat free so great value for money.

All in all good value - having stayed at Hilton and Holiday inn at Gatwick Airport - price and quality is much better at the Premier inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SarabelBedford

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel's unique location to be so convenient for Gatwick Airport. I am especially pleased that you had such excellent experiences in our great value Thyme Restaurant. It's great that you compare us so favourably with other Hotel chains and I sincerely hope we'll be welcoming you back in the future sometime.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great hotel and brilliant price, we went for the room, dinner and breakfast option which was really good value. Our room was clean, comfortable and quite spacious. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The selection and quality of food at dinner and breakfast was really good and hot (one of my pet hats is lukewarm food). The only minor negative point and this is purely a personal choice is that they didn't serve Decaf coffee. Will definitely be our hotel of choice next time we need to stay over at Gatwick.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ukbrianuk

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our Meal Deal package to be such great value. I am also glad that your Room was so clean and comfortable. I'm delighted that you'll consider us your Hotel of choice for Gatwick Airport now; we look forward to welcoming you back!