“great intro to clay pigeon shooting”
Review of Southern Pursuits

Southern Pursuits
Ranked #2 of 31 things to do in Crawley
More attraction details
Owner description: Southern Pursuits is an outdoor pursuits company, conveniently situated between London and Brighton. With a range of packages and prices to suit any budget and requirement. Southern Pursuits activities include: quad biking, off road karting, clay shooting, archery, axe throwing, argocat driving and team building. Whether you have to arrange a stag or hen do, corporate event or just want a fun day out - Southern Pursuits is the place for you! Specialists in their field, with fantastic equipment, friendly and experienced staff and an on-site restaurant.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife bought me a voucher for clay pigeon shooting for Xmas and we booked a Monday in May to do this. The booking procedure was easy over the phone and clear instructions were sent immediately by email. We were advised to turn up 1/2 hour before the allotted time to book in and this gave us time to browse the farm shop and grab a cup of tea in the tea rooms. Dan our instructor met us and took us down to the area where the shooting takes place and ran us through how to stand, hold the gun etc. We were lucky that we were the only people on this time and so we didn't feel rushed. Dan was very friendly and put us at ease as neither of us had shot before. I managed to get 18 out of the 25 clays and the wife 12 which we thought was ok for our 1st time. We are definitely coming back as it was really fun and will do the 50 cartridges next time.

1  Thank stevedyson
There are newer reviews for Southern Pursuits

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had no idea this existed until I was looking for a gift for a friend....

We tried out the Quad Bikes and the Argo Cats.

Both were great fun, courses well designed, friendly instructors.....I'll definitely be going back....

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Me and my b/f are just on our way home after a fun packed day!! The staff are genuinely friendly and make you feel very comfortable. Our instructor was ever so joyful and gave us extra time on the quad bikes. My b/f loved his birthday treat! We did pigeon clay shooting, followed by quad biking and to end it with Argo cat driving. Even though its awfully hot today, the place is very muddy but it actually made it even more fun!!
False lashes aren't advisable, as my ones almost flew off lol. Must wear comfortable trainers as they will get muddy along with your clothes
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did :)
Ruj

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Me and some friends went quad biking and air rifle shooting and we had the best time .
The staff were friendly and helpful. Everything was well organised and ran on time . Plus the sun was out so that always helps :)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked 4 activities for my son to do on is 13th birthday with his best friend and elder brother. They did clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and air rifle shooting. It was a very cold and windy day, with a little snow but who cares! They had a brilliant time. Dan was our instructor and had an injured hand so got Ollie to demo a few things. There were only 2 other adults doing the archery and clay and in the afternoon it was just the three boys and Dan the instructor. They loved it. They all really loved the axe throwing and Dan was so patient fetching endless axes from behind a tree, in the dirt etc. They did eventually get some in the targets! He never rushed the boys even though it was very cold and we were the last three out so he could not go home until we had finished. Each of the three boys found they were good at at least one of the activities. It was great value as it was a late booking and everyone in from in the office to on the day were very helpful. The boys are already talking about how they want to go again and take grandad! I highly recommend it. We went on a Friday and I would guess that weekends are very busy. As we did a late booking we got the activities roughyl half price which meant I could take my sons best friend along too. We felt as if it was all laid on just for my son - what a fantastic day out for his 13th. Thanks to Dan for helping make it great.

2  Thank Jofriday6