“Fantastic cafe for a good breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Rouge - Gatwick South - CLOSED

Cafe Rouge - Gatwick South
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chudleigh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic cafe for a good breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

staff could not be more welcoming and the food was at a good quality at 4:30am. Highly recommend the big breakfast

Visited August 2012

• Finnish first
“You are a chain - please get it right.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Cafe rouge is a chain that I like. I go there fairly often in various parts of the UK. I won't be going to the one at Gatwick South again in a hurry.

Where do I start? No greeting. No menu. No acknowledgement from the waiters despite me trying to catch their eye. Unhelpful bar staff. Food took an eternity. And then it came with a manky piece of potato amongst the mushrooms (my order had no potatoes).

Very not Café Rouge. Get it right guys. You can do much better than this.

Oxford, CT
“An English breakfast in Gatwick South Terminal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Was catching an early flight out from Gatwick South terminal to Milan Linate airport. It was an early flight (7am departure) . . . we wanted someone where to sit down, get some breakfast and avoid the queues. Cafe Rouge looked quiet so we went in. We were worried about how quickly they would serve us but were pleasantly surprised (as compared to the experiences of one of your other reviewers). Breakfast delivered quickly, they noted our dietary needs (no gluten or dairy) but forgot 1 item (which they took off the final bill). A little pricey (28 UK Pounds Sterling) for breakfast for 2 adult & 1 child. Good view of runway where we saw planes landing and taking off very early on a Friday morning.

• Visited July 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Don't eat here unless allow loads of time before flight”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We asked for a table about 90 minutes before take off. We ordered within 5 minutes of being seated and waited 20 minutes for our drinks and then a further 45 minutes for our food. That was after repeatedly asking the numerous staff as to where it was and why it had taken over an hour (apparently mix up on tables / in the kitchen etc). Either way it was hard to enjoy the food as clearly no drinks left and so rushed - only fleeting apologies from waitress. Would not have paid but was strongly encouraged to do so in advance so we could make flight...

Reigate, United Kingdom
“Average lunch at Cafe Rouge Gatwick South”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

We ate lunch at the Cafe Rouge in the South Terminal at Gatwick prior to flying off on a week's holiday to Turkey. I'd hoped that this would be a nice celebratory lunch as it was our wedding anniversary. Generally the food was very average and it wasn't a great experience. I'd looked the various restaurants up before going to the airport and it seemed the best of the bunch but I wish that I'd done what I originally intended and had lunch at the seafood bar.

• Visited May 2012