“One of the eating places in Sofitel”
Review of Le Café - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Le Café
London, UK
“One of the eating places in Sofitel”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

At lunchtime the Sofitel closes its main restaurant. The Le Cafe is the hotel's revamped mid range eatery. On a quiet Tuesday I enjoyed nice whiting fish and chips, and my friend a bowl of spicy chicken. The bottle of shiraz was a good accompaniment

Visited May 2013

Highlands
“Calm and Chilled Setting”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Love eating here when I'm in Gatwick. Chilled out setting with good food and wine. Little bit expensive but your at Gatwick it is what you expect. Staid at the new premier inn next door this time but still came here for dinner.

• Visited April 2013
Bacton, United Kingdom
“Spoilt by lack of language skills..................”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Needed to eat following an early evening landing from Iceland. The menu, as expected looked expensive but as "horse meat wary" diners we opted for the panzanella salad which turned out to be very good even coming with anchovies. Good portion sizes and a thoroughly enjoyable meal. I ordered a glass of sauvignon blanc for myself and a elderflower cordial for my wife. Unfortunately the waitress, who did not appear to understand what I was asking for, said they did not have the latter so I walked across the concourse to the bar (all part of the same hotel) and ordered the elderflower drink which was then brought to our table. The bill (£40+) came with 12.5% tip added. Surprisingly good food, pretty poor services by one individual. Shame.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank twinkle42
warwickshire
“Long Wait”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Told we did not need to reserve a table but on turning up there were at least 12 couples ahead of us and we would have to wait 30 - 45 minutes. This could just be wa y of getting you to have an expensive drink before hand but at least we only had to wait 30 minutes and the meal was enjoyable if not particularly special

Visited September 2012
Estepona, Spain
“A bit pricey (especially the wine) but good food.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wanting something light to eat we tried the Chicken caesars salad which was lovely and definitely main course size and not a starter like can be so often the case.

All the wine on the wine list is over £20 which is a bit steep but other than that I'd have no concerns with eating here again.

• Visited October 2012