“A shadow of its former self”

Tilgate Forest Golf Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tilgate Forest Golf Centre is one of the best Pay & Play courses in Sussex and the South. The club is extremely popular with golfers in the local area and with golfing societies that return year after year. You don't have to have played golf before to use our driving range. Anyone can come along and try their hand. The Driving Range has 35 top quality mats including a sloping and chipping mat to
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having learned to play of Tilgate, its always been close to my golfing heart.

I was looking greatly forward to playing this year after 10 or more years.

This was what I found:

Tees have all been shortened so every hole needs a calculation from the distance market to get it right especially on the past 3's.

All the greens have been roughly halved in size and all have different speeds. They are also now (in my opinion) of a similar quality to that of Goffs Park pitch public and put.

Most of the bunkers have have been filled in and dreadfully covered in not enough turf. Not been watered and its all died.

On the whole it was an awful anti climax.
I'll never play there again.
Shame on you Glendale

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I have visited Tilgate Forest Golf Course quite a number of times and have always found it to be in good condition. I would always suggest booking your round and not just turn up hoping to get a game as it does get busy. It is a Council run course so the green fees are reasonable and there is a golf shop and clubhouse on site. The course is fairly tough with lots of trees to catch an errant shots so you will need to think your way around. All the staff that I have met have been welcoming and extremely helpful. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank claretatham
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Visited Tilgate Forest - Foot Golf yesterday, paid £11, total waste.
I don't understand how they can justify charging £11, for a course that is badly maintained, badly sign posted so you don't know which way the next hole is (we managed to skip 2 due to the bad signage) and when you get there the posts which should tell you the hole number are either missing or some of the floor because they've been pulled out. Some of the flags that show you where the holes are, are also missing.
It's a good activity and I'd encourage anyone to give it a go, but don't waste your money doing it here. People need to continue to recognise this problem and make a complaint so that the money were paying isn't just pocketed and is used to maintain what could be a great facility.

Dan L, Manager at Tilgate Forest Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are always interested in the feedback from our customers.

We are aware of the current issues on our FootGolf/FunCourse and work is underway to rectify these issues - The course will be renovated over the winter period with a much improved quality of playing surface, design and new hole and way finding signage.

Please feel free to contact me personally on dan.lucking@glendalegolf.co.uk and I will arrange a complementary visit once this work has been completed.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

This a brilliantly challenging and well kept golf course. It is a long course and has some really challenging holes with ditches that criss cross some holes. It has a lot of tree lined holes so you need to stay straight down the middle. The greens are maintained nicely and really great to putt on.

Dan L, General Manager at Tilgate Forest Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thank you very much for your recent review, it's great to hear your feedback and I'm very pleased you had a good round!