“Waste Of Money”

Tilgate Forest Golf Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tilgate Forest Golf Centre is one of the best Pay & Play courses in Sussex and the South. The club is extremely popular with golfers in the local area and with golfing societies that return year after year. You don't have to have played golf before to use our driving range. Anyone can come along and try their hand. The Driving Range has 35 top quality mats including a sloping and chipping mat to
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Visited Tilgate Forest - Foot Golf yesterday, paid £11, total waste.
I don't understand how they can justify charging £11, for a course that is badly maintained, badly sign posted so you don't know which way the next hole is (we managed to skip 2 due to the bad signage) and when you get there the posts which should tell you the hole number are either missing or some of the floor because they've been pulled out. Some of the flags that show you where the holes are, are also missing.
It's a good activity and I'd encourage anyone to give it a go, but don't waste your money doing it here. People need to continue to recognise this problem and make a complaint so that the money were paying isn't just pocketed and is used to maintain what could be a great facility.

Dan L, Manager at Tilgate Forest Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are always interested in the feedback from our customers.

We are aware of the current issues on our FootGolf/FunCourse and work is underway to rectify these issues - The course will be renovated over the winter period with a much improved quality of playing surface, design and new hole and way finding signage.

Please feel free to contact me personally on dan.lucking@glendalegolf.co.uk and I will arrange a complementary visit once this work has been completed.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

This a brilliantly challenging and well kept golf course. It is a long course and has some really challenging holes with ditches that criss cross some holes. It has a lot of tree lined holes so you need to stay straight down the middle. The greens are maintained nicely and really great to putt on.

Dan L, General Manager at Tilgate Forest Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thank you very much for your recent review, it's great to hear your feedback and I'm very pleased you had a good round!

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Great fun! Only a tenner each and took two of us a good hour to go round the course. Perfect for any ability and my boyfriend is a good footballer and I have never played before and the scores were still very close! The only problem is that ISPs on the same course as the golf players so we had to wait on the last hole as people were still playing but we just went and played the previous hole a few times. Really fun for everyone!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

First time I had played this public course but no the first for my playing partner who suggested the venue. The course is set in Tilgare Forest so it's not surprising that most of the holes are tree lined with fairways of varying width. The greens and fairways seemed in good condition but to my mind the course is let down by having some tees in really poor condition and very poor pathways and signage between holes.
The club house if if can be called that is a modern building with a bar and seating area both inside and out. It has a cafe feel to it and no pro shop that I could see.