“Perfect pre-holiday hotel”

Courtyard London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Pros: Combination with holiday parking makes it very good value, good location (max 10 mins walk to South Terminal - bus also available), clean, spacious and modern rooms, nice bar

Cons: restaurant food average and pricey

Conclusion: good value hotel when combined with the holiday parking

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MB83_12
Write a ReviewReviews (2,626)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel is right next to the south terminal and 5 minutes on the bus to the north terminal. This is a lovely hotel and perfect for an overnight stay for Gatwick airport. Being 'by Marriott' certainly gave it that overall vibrant style and class that many airport hotels lack. My room was modern, comfortable and quiet. Staff were very helpful, especially when I had a problem with my tv, they got it fixed pretty swiftly. Unfortunately there is no free wifi and it is pretty expensive to connect for a short time. I ate dinner in their restaurant and I was very pleased. Staff were very attentive and food was excellent. I thought the room price was very reasonable considering I have stayed in other airport hotels that are no way near as nice as this.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sparkles700
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Receptionist just doing her job,Not even a Welcome was heard!
Were cold, mechanical with no empathy..
Wifi is rudely expensive,
Water in the room cost 3,5£,
Noisy Air-con
ATM is expensive/inconvenient
Food was expensive

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Evangel2013
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Hotel was very easy to find and ideal for parking whilst on holiday. Hotel is clean, tidy and well presented. Price of stay and parking is very good value for money. However eating in the hotel as a family could be very expensive so took the walk to the South Terminal to buy some sandwiches (about 8 mins). Only moan was that I swiped my debit card there and £50 was held for nearly a week.... I wouldn't have minded if the receptionist tells you at check in but only noticed on my banking app. Overall though I would recommend to anyone flying from either terminal

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dorboy23
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night and was pleased that I had made the walk over from the South Terminal in the morning with my case as finding the hotel later that night, in the dark, would have felt challenging. There is a shuttle bus for 3 GBP that I found out about later, but if you are an energetic walker and like to walk rather than wait around for a shuttle bus, and are confident of your sense of direction, I'd recommend walking. At a good walking pace with a wheelie bin case it's just under 10 mins from inside the train station/terminal. There are signs every minute (10 mins, 9 mins, 8, and so on, then they start to go back up again, but it all works out in the end). It's a little easy to over shoot the hotel as you need to back in on yourself. Probably hard to do in the dark. For me the room was spacious, clean, every thing worked. I didn't need to eat in the hotel, and decided to splurge on the 3.50 GBP bottle of water which is automatically added to your bill unless you ask them not to (which is a bit mean, I think). And internet was charged too which I think is getting a bit old in this day and age. But the hotel served me up a good night's sleep after a late London event, and an early flight the following morning. Staff friendly, though not fully fluent in English. I live abroad so am perfectly tolerant about varying language skills, though I see from some people's comments that they found the English level insufficient. If you are easily upset by this then be warned, but the staff were helpful and friendly which is more important, in my book. I don't know the fees for Hilton, but it's only a 5 min walk.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor which was quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2703_Emma_PP
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed at before flying out to our holiday destination. Check in was quick efficient and friendly. Our room was very clean well decorated and tranquil. The restaurant food was very good a very relaxing evening spent there. Breakfast in the morning was good as was checking out. Not overly expensive compared to other airport hotels we have used.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Having an early flight at Gatwick Airport I stayed at this hotel. It is comfortable, with very efficient staff, large room.
Only pb : the shuttle which I waited 15mn to go (one refused to take me), and it is 3£ each way. The morning one to take back to the airport left us very far from the North Terminal.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family