“Very good food, getting invoice took 1h”

Jenko's Mongolian Barbecue
Ranked #22 of 250 Restaurants in Telford
Cuisines: Mongolian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sodankyla, Finland
“Very good food, getting invoice took 1h”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Delicious food. Well worth the visit. Good selection of drinks and helpful staff.

The concept was also novel (I had not seen similar before).
Sauces after the cooking could have had more assortment (now only sweet chile and
BBQ).

But if I'll be around, I most likely visit again.

• Visited September 2013

“A place I will revisit”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Both myself and my colleague were on a training course in the Telford area and saw this unique looking restaurant and thought it was worth investigating for an evening meal. I rang to book the table and the member of staff ran through the concept of the restaurant in which she was polite and extremely helpful, that goes for all the staff we encountered! They made us feel welcome and valued with common courtesy and good conversation! The food was amazing and we racked up 5 servings each, I would challenge many restaurants to match such good service, good food, all you can eat and atmosphere for £17.50! It was so good we went twice in four days and will be returning in October when we are both back in the Telford area! Thanks Jenko's

• Visited September 2013
“Great place with great food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant and have been many times. The food is amazing with a huge choice of vegetables and meat with all the spices you could dream of that are cooked right in front of you on a huge grill. We went last night and all I can criticise is the quality of the service. We had to re-order our drinks many times and the staff were quite forgetful with the order. However it is a great restaurant and I will definitely be returning.

• Visited August 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
“Something Different - get your timing right”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I love this restaurant - it really is something different. We love being able to choose exactly what ingredients we fancy on the night, then adding a variety of sauces, spices, herbs etc, again, depending on how we feel on the night.

Two tips we would give, which always works for us
1 - keep your eye on the rest of the restaurant, try to time it that you go up to get your food when everyone else is busy talking, or already been.
2 - don't fill your bowl too much - if you have smaller amounts, your stomach can manage 2 or maybe even 3 trips up - then you can try all different things such as a fish theme, a meat theme and maybe a wacky theme!! Have fun

• Visited August 2013
Oakham, United Kingdom
“A fun dining experince - but expensive for children over 9 years old”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A very sociable experience in what is essentially a log cabin - not very Mongolian, but a nice contemporary environment.

We sat at a large wooden table - 6 of us; 3 adults, 2 x 11 yr olds and one 16 yr old.

You choose your meat, veg, spices and sauces from a large selection and then take your bowl up to two very hot chefs who cook your concoction on a huge metal plate.

For just under £20 you can eat as much as you want, which in theory is great, but not when you are paying the same for two 11 year olds.

Visited August 2013