“Load music and greasy food!”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Telford
Ranked #91 of 310 Restaurants in Telford
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went here for my moms 50th and there was about 25 of us, they did there best to try and make us a long table through the aisles which is how they told us if would be. However we were right next to the grill so half of us felt in the way as their was always staff whizzing about behind us. The music was so load we could hardly hear each other to talk it really was ridiculous, obviously trying to set a lively atmosphere I'd rather have it turned down a bit and actually have a conversation that I can hear. I must say the kids meals seemed quite good and there were no complaints about the pasta. I had a pizza as the veggie options aren't up to much and what I got was a greasy flat tortilla with practically no cheese and massive slices of tomato, you could actually see the grease underneath it, it was vile. A few had the mixed grill which I'm not sure how they weigh the meat weight but I'd say it was about half of what it was supposed to be, it was really a plate of fries with a few bits of meat which were not good. At £26 what a rip off you can go to my local pub and have a better mixed grill for under a tenner. Overall the majority of us thought it was overpriced greasy junk food and would never go again.

1  Thank Miss C

Reviewed April 17, 2013

just been to the telford branch after an excellent meal at the brighton marina branch what a difference waited 10mins for table the music was so loud we could not have a conversation the menu and food was excellent had to shout to make our order understood the waitress agreed it was too loud and got it turned down but unfortunately after 5 mins went back up again to the stage where we ended up with headaches if you are looking for a quiet night with background music this is not the venue

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Eaten here a few times, and never been let down. It's always busy unless you've booked you will have to wait for a table, but never usually more than 10 minutes. The service is always good, food is nice and they are accommodating of our pushchair and little baby.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Good lunch deals,tasty and varied, good portion sizes and good service and very convenient location.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We waited well over or allotted 30 min wait - more like 45 mins. The bar was heaving and there wasn't anywhere to sit and the service was snail like.

When we were seated I was without a drink so the waitress said she would give me a moment to decide. Another 15 mins went by and then another waiter came to take our order and then I prompted him that I also would like a drink.

Starters arrived and went - tasty, hot and just enough of them
Mains arrived and at this point I asked him where my drink was as I had been very patient.

Mains were tasty - we both had pizzas but nothing amazing.
I felt it was very expensive for what it was. We felt really rushed and the wait for drinks was just ridiculous. The waiters need to become more efficient.

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Telford also viewed

Telford, Shropshire

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Telford? Share your experiences!