Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Swan Hotel(Telford)
View Hotel
All reviewssmall gymgames roomswimming poolshopping centrecomfortable staychanging roomscomfortable roomreception staffstayed here for two nightssaturday nightbar arealovely hotelbar foodbuffet styledouble bedfamily roomvisiting the area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2013

As a family we stayed at the hotel. We had a very warm reception by the staff on the front desk . who informed us where we could have a drink in a comfortable bar and either enjoy a meal in merlots restaurant or the bar . On both menu's there was a wide variety of dishes with the added specials of the day. we decided to eat in the restaurant where we were welcomed again by a very pleasent member of staff who took us to a table. The food was very good and plenty of it.
The rooms were clean and well looked after.
Overall we had a lovely stay staff and management should be proud.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Hello Liverpool, many thanks for your excellent review for our hotel. I an pleased you found everything to your liking and yes I an very proud of my staff / Managers.

I will also pass on your comments to our New Head Chef regarding food and presentation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grays Hotel very soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My Daughter,12years, and I stayed here while we were visiting a show in Telford and found the room very comfortable and very clean. The swimming pool is an added bounus and includes the use of the Sauna. I booked the room on Laterooms but not include the breakfast which I paid for the next morning but for £11 for a child I thought was a little expensive. The location is excellent to all amenities and is right beside the motorway. The Staff at Grays were really friendly and efficient and I would definitely stay here again and will be recommending Grays to friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advsior, I an privileged to have such caring and friendly staff. I will review the cost of breakfast for your daughter for future stays.
With our location we are sited between easy access to the M54 and then we have the Telford Town Shopping Centre and The Telford International Centre on the other. Plus beautiful grounds to the Hotel and plenty of car parking.

As always all feed back will be communicated back to the staff and I know they will smile when they receive this because they do prided themselves on customer service.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grays Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stopped at Gray's Hotel for my Husband's works Christmas party in December, the stay from start to finish was wonderful.
We arrived Saturday evening to be greeted by a freindly receptionist, who was polite and efficient and gave us directions to our room.
The rooms are very clean and spacious and ours had a lovely garden view. When we arrived for the party we were greeted by the General Manager who welcomed us to the hotel and showed us to our function room, the meal we received was excellent, all three courses were very well cooked leaving us keen to enjoy the Disco provided until the early hours !
Breakfast was "all you can eat" we had a very good selection of hot and cold food to choose from and I can honeslty say its one of the nicest cooked breakfast's I have had in a long time!
All in All a very nice stay, we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area,
Thanks all at Grays
Mr & Mrs Kemp

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Wow what an excellent review and thank you for taking the time to post your feed back on Trip Advisor.
As always all feed back will be passed back to the staff for them to read. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your Christmas Party and had a relaxing Sunday morning breakfast.

We hope to see you both back at Grays Hotel in ther near future.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

It is so difficult to rate hotels because everyone is looking for something different. if you are looking for a place that is clean, functional and where you get a room for a tad more than a Travel Lodge then Grays is fine. If you're looking for sophistication and atmosphere then no. As an example, when will hoteliers realise that cheap low energy lamps may be good for their balance sheet but they are good for little else as in the bar and public areas here it is like being in a dentist's waiting room in the 60s but now even they have realised how important lighting is?
Another example is the fact that you have dreadful dispensers of shower gel and soap on the wall, no nice soaps and extras here sadly.
So, all in all OK and of course you pays your money and takes your choice. It will not let you down but will not make you feel spoiled either.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback for Grays Hotel and we welcome all feed back and we do our very best to action comments made. On your comments regarding our lighting in our public areas, we are currently in the middle of changing over to low energy light bulbs and removing some light fittings altogther to make the Hotel more welcoming and not so bright.

Thanks for the feed back and we look forward to seeing you back at Grays in the New Year.

Merry Christmas

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Used this hotel for a short break to Telford to visit family and some shopping. Very reasonably priced accomodation within walking distance of central shopping area. There were Christmas Parties taking place, but they did not disturb us or cause any issues.The restraunt was closed, but we were tired on arrival and ordered room service. Not a massive selection but good value, tasty and well presented. They advised that there might be a wait due to parties food being served, but it actually arrived quicker than they advised.
We chose the hotel as it had a pool and gym. Used the gym first day as the pool was closed due to a technical issue, but it was fixed for the Sunday morning and had a lovely swim as the only ones in the pool. Sauna also available. All are compact, clean and good enough for a pleasant swim and cardio workout or sweat!!

Room Tip: Do not pre order breakfast as there was a cheaper deal available on weekends stays. We actually made our own arrangements so cannot comment on quality Room 203 close to Gym & pool
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your honest feed back for Grays Hotel. I hope you enjoyed your shopping trip and enjoyed all those bargins. I was pleased to read your Room Service arrived very prompt and you found your food tasty and well presented.
I'm sorry to hear that the pool was closed on your arrival but manged to make good use of it before you left.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope to see you back at Grays for the New Years shopping bargins.

Kind Regards