“Overnight Stay”

The White House Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to Ironbridge for a visit. Booked into The White House Hotel which was very clean, the staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was very relaxed and chilled. The breakfast was very good and the staff again were really attentive. Only downside was we had a 20 minute drive into Ironbridge but found the Hotel very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Murrayclan_10

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was horrified to hear the young bar man swearing behind the bar when having a conversation with the barmaid. Yes it was busy but that is no excuse. We go most weeks for a drink and are now considering a change in venue. Very sad about this!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JPM123
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in April 2013 on work. Because of a big event at the Telford International Centre most hotels in the area were full. The White House was a making the best of it out of necessity choice. On reflection I wish I had stayed miles away and put up with a very early start and late finish.
Check in was very lackadaisical and lacked any warmth. I was told I had a ground floor room but would have to go up a flight of stairs along a corridor and down another flight to get to it. Not exactly great as I was carrying a suitcase and had my arm strapped up after elbow surgery. No help with luggage was offered nor a more convenient room location.
On the way I passed a fire exit door propped open with laundry bags. This seemed dangerous both for fire safety but also in allowing back door access via the field behind to any unwanted visitor. As a lone female with no lock or chain on the bedroom door I felt very uncomfortable. However many tttimes I shut thus door it was consistently reopened by laundry bags next time I passed.
My room was a double with small en suite bathroom. The sheets on the bed appeared clean but the valance was filthy with stains that could have been blood coffee or worse. The curtains were similarly ripped and stained. The bathroom seemed clean enough but the toiletries were of the cheap sachet variety.
I came down just before 9am for breakfast as no one had advised me what time it started and finish when I checked in. I was told breakfast had finished which as my rate included breakfast was not good. On pressing I was offered coffee and toast as I watched the staff enjoying bacon sandwiches! I did get one of these in the end but this was not a good experience.
The hotel was not expensive but even at the price paid it did not offer good value. Dirty rooms and poor service are never acceptable. A Premier Inn would have been a far superior choice. I was so glad to leave and would never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Sarah O
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hotel in desperate need of an upgrade to the point it feels dirty and grubby.

Room no. 33 Bathroom, paint peeling off the ceiling, turned on tap, water started spluttering out and water ran brown for a good 5 minutes along with the shower. Not a great feeling.
However, as we were only in the room long enough to just get ready before going to another venue for a party we didn't have time to complain. Bed was comfy though.
staff were friendly, breakfast was nice - full English. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simon B
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I always use this hotel when in the area, the hotel rooms are so ridiculously nice!

Oscars restaurant serves the nicest food you will find and even the traditional pub food is delicious. The staff are all lovely and the atmosphere matches everything!!

If you're in the area stay here, seriously, do it!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Gingerninj
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here with 2young children, stayed in a four poster bed in a very large room with an en suite bathroom. Overall the stay was pleasant, the staff very helpful and friendly, yes the decor is in need of an update but if you look past that you will find a clean and friendly hotel, and the best bit is the quality of the food in the "OScars" restaurant was very very good. WE were the only ones dining and part of the room was being used for poker! And I was a little worried about how the food was, I shouldn't have the food was exceptional and very reasonably priced. I would recommend this hotel, if you can look past the decor you will find a nice, fairly clean and reasonable hotel. Would consider stopping again when I'm in the area

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22 could do with a little tlc but a nice room with lots of space