“Warm and friendly stay”

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Warm and friendly stay”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Just returned 16 Dec stayed for one night and could not fault this hotel The staff were very friendly and helpful the evening meal was lovely as was the breakfast plenty of car parking and a very reasonable price.We ate in the bar and the resurant and neither could be faulted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Clean tidy and most welcome, good value for money stayed for 2 nights looking to bye some livestock in the area, as in Ducks n Chickens,we had a cold 2 days looking about due to the weather and nice to come back to a very warm room, room was clean and fresh, good shower and bath, and a nice clean bed to sleep in, When got up in morning for breakfast found the staff very polite also a good breakfast menu also a good selection of fruit which the staff did not mind me takeing a few bananas for my trip home, Many thanks all from pa and knud.

• Stayed November 2012
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed for two nights as working in the area.
Clean room - big enough for me to work and relax in.
Bit tired looking in many places - shame, as it was clearly once quite modern
Food wonderful - especially breakfast
Internet quick, but far too many blocks upon it...anything with any suspicious words blocked
Would recommend for work trips, but not for a holiday

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me and my parter stayed here as we had an event in Telford so needed a close by hotel. We booked the honeymoon suite which cost £85 incl breakfast.

The room was amazing, we didnt spend much time there as we arrived late. The bed was very comfortable and there was loads of room for storage. The bathroom was very large and clean, full with loads of towels and soaps. The hotel was fairly noisy, but that didnt bother us.

Breakfast was served quite early, it closed at 9:30am so an early start for a Sunday morning. The restraunt was modern and spacetious. The food was ok, we both had a full english, and as my boyfriend doesnt like beans or tomatoes, all he had on his plate was 1 sausage, 1 bacon and 1 egg, which looked very poxy and didnt fill him up at all! We ordered another batch of toast to make up for it.

Overall the hotel was very good, a lovely romantic room and staff were very friendly, providing us with taxi numbers and was very welcoming. Would definitely stop there again :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wantage, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. A group of us needed an early evening meal on the Friday evening and were accommodated with courtesy and humour. Lots of car parking space so we didn't have to worry about not getting a space when we had been out for the day. All in all a great place to stay for the weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
halifax
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were originally meant to stop at the swan at forton,unfortunately
They had a flood and they recommended the white house,we thoroughly
Enjoyed our stay.good breakfast,nice room all though drawers were a bit tatty
Friendly staff,lovely bar meal.the only thing was i felt it could do with a lick of paint
But i would certainly go again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the smoking shelter,it can be noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Selsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just don’t stay here if you can possibly stay anywhere else.
Normally I only post reviews when I have had something good to post as there are more than enough negative ones out there, however on this occasion I feel obliged to warn people as to what they can actually expect here.

Having driven to Liverpool from home (Chichester) and then back down to Telford for work the following day I was somewhat jaded and in need of unwinding in comfortable surroundings (pictures they post look good) with on site facilities.

When I arrived I was “Greeted” and I use that term in its very loosest sense, by reception and given the key to my room, Number 8. When I opened the door the smell that assailed me was so strong it made my head swim, a caustic industrial cleaning solution is the only way I can describe it. I opened the window. Went back to reception and asked if cleaners had recently had to use specialist cleaning products, reception said no but could move me if I wanted. I declined as I believed the room would be ok if aired. When I returned to my room the smell prevailed so I went back to reception and asked to be moved “I have one other double room in the Annex you can have”. No sorry, no explanation, nothing. Asked reception to accompany me to Room 8 and witness the smell. She said it smelt a bit musty!!!!!!! Took the new room key and carried all my things to new room. Opened the door and the smell of stale cigarette smoke came wafting out. Would it have not been beyond the realm of possibility given the reason for moving was olfactory based, to inform me it was a smoking room before I moved? Or is that just me?

Back to reception I go....... Now informed no Double rooms available but have a twin (Room 31 at the top of the hotel) moved all belongings again. No wifi here and as the pictures show, the last guest hair bobble was on the table, sugar was crystallised at the bottom of one of the mugs, the bathroom was not clean, the room decor had been attacked and the fittings in the bathroom need fixing. By now too tired to do anything other than sit down and attempt to relax.

The rest of the hotel is dated and has strange odours, none of them good, throughout. An attempt at modernisation has been to paint over existing decor and peeling wallpaper hangs loose. The hotel (ha ha ha ha) is not fully double glazed and is in serious need of a major refurbishment.

The only plus side to be had was the excellent service given by the waiting staff in the restaurant, I hope they continue to be as professional as they were and are offered jobs in better establishments where there good work is not overshadowed.

My main problem was not really with the room (ok it was a bit) but the complete lack of any courtesy, apology or offer of help from the woman on reception. The most unwelcoming, unfriendly excuse for front of house I have ever had the misfortune to meet.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Skipsey

Travelers are raving about these Telford hotels