Dovecote Grange Guest House
$164
$143
$121
Great 4.5/5
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge(Telford)(Great Value!)
$161
Agoda.com
$73
$57
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Telford Shawbirch(Telford)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
$119
$96
Great 4.5/5
Premier Inn Telford Central Hotel(Telford)(Great Value!)
$65
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
Premier Inn Telford North Hotel(Telford)(Great Value!)
$71
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Had booked just one night, as we were attending a family wedding in the area, phoned on the day to enquire if we could book in earlier than stated time, as we wanted to change before the wedding, told this would be no problem.
Arrived to a warm welcome, and shown our rooms, which were delightful, large, clean and very attractively furnished. The bed was a dream to sleep in, the en-suite was huge, the full width of the room in fact.
Drink making facilities were provided, with coffee sachets to make ground coffee, plus plentiful additional supplies outside on the spacious landing. Breakfast provided a varied menu, and was really enjoyed.
It is worth paying that little bit extra to enjoy such warm hospitality, quality of service and high standards.
Would recommend highly, without hesitation.

Room Tip: On a quiet lane, so no problem with traffic noise, beautiful views too.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brummiejean
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is our second visit to Dovecote and it is reliably lovely. We have stayed in the same room twice (room 2) so I cannot comment on the other rooms but room two is really spacious for a family with a Superking bed and sofa bed. The bathroom is huge with an oversized bath and seperate shower, all immaculate. Room 2 has everything you could need with bathrobes, hair dryer, flat screen tv and DVD, tea and coffee making etc. there's a library of DVD's to borrow downstairs in the very welcoming lounge. The breakfast is delicious and really well cooked, Mandy will pretty much cater for whatever you want. If you want cheap and nasty then go down the road to the Travelodge but if you want to be looked after in an immaculate house that makes you feel like you are part of the home then this is for you. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 2 is perfect for families (Lavender room)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EastbourneFamilyFour
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A challenge to find with the postcode however this was soon overcome with some directions from Paul over the phone. Booked as a result of checking their details online including the reviews on tripadvisor.

And Yes, it lived up to its reputation of excellent reviews with a warm welcome from the owner over a coffee. Delightful setting in the village away from busy roads. Modern house with wooden beams and high ceilings. Car parking at the front of the house.

I opted for a single room and I was pleasantly surprised by the room size and the notable clean modern bathroom - a rare thing nowadays.

Breakfast was excellent.

Simply great value and excellent on all fronts.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ripleytrain
Reviewed August 28, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by Magic the cat closely followed by Paul the owner who could not have been more welcoming.
He carried our luggage up to our room (a luxury these days!), we were shown into a lovely bright room which was spotless and had all the added extras including our own fridge and a lovely en suite which again was spotless.
Paul then offered us a cup of tea or coffee which he brought to us in the residents lounge (another welcoming room) and sat down and had a little chat with us before leaving us to enjoy our tea.
We went to a family meal in the evening and on returning we were greeted by Holly the dog who gave us a warm welcome principally because she wanted the door opening I think!
After a good nights sleep we had a very good breakfast which set us up for the day and we left to go to a family party happy, full and refreshed.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Dovecote Grange to anybody looking to stay around Shrewsbury/Telford

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aiksjunior
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was a little sceptical when I booked as I don't normally use guest houses, however I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. On arrival I was met by Mandy who promply showed me to my room and also offered me a pot tea in the lounge. The room itself was beautifully presented and is by far the cleanest place I've stayed in. All in all it offers the traveller a feeling of home with some lovely touches throughout. There is also a couple of good pubs close by that serve excellent food.
I'm now converted and will be booking here on a frequent basis

Room Tip: I stayed in the Blue room which overlooks the rear garden. The room is large, although the en-suite is a little on the small side. That said the shower is really powerful and the sleep quality was excellent
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business