“Exceptional Stay!”

Ranked #21 of 26 Telford B&B and Inns
Burnley
“Exceptional Stay!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by Magic the cat closely followed by Paul the owner who could not have been more welcoming.
He carried our luggage up to our room (a luxury these days!), we were shown into a lovely bright room which was spotless and had all the added extras including our own fridge and a lovely en suite which again was spotless.
Paul then offered us a cup of tea or coffee which he brought to us in the residents lounge (another welcoming room) and sat down and had a little chat with us before leaving us to enjoy our tea.
We went to a family meal in the evening and on returning we were greeted by Holly the dog who gave us a warm welcome principally because she wanted the door opening I think!
After a good nights sleep we had a very good breakfast which set us up for the day and we left to go to a family party happy, full and refreshed.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Dovecote Grange to anybody looking to stay around Shrewsbury/Telford

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aiksjunior

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chesterfield, UK
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was a little sceptical when I booked as I don't normally use guest houses, however I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. On arrival I was met by Mandy who promply showed me to my room and also offered me a pot tea in the lounge. The room itself was beautifully presented and is by far the cleanest place I've stayed in. All in all it offers the traveller a feeling of home with some lovely touches throughout. There is also a couple of good pubs close by that serve excellent food.
I'm now converted and will be booking here on a frequent basis

Room Tip: I stayed in the Blue room which overlooks the rear garden. The room is large, although the en-suite...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark H
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had to stay for two nights whilst on business in Telford. As soon as you walk through the door, it feels like a family home. Mandy was quick to make me a nice cup of tea and have a chat. The rooms are spectacular - incredibly clean and comfortable with huge beds! I've recommended it to everyone at work, and we'll be back! Cheers guys

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James K
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I would recommend Dovecote Grange to anyone looking to have their every whim catered for during a break in the beautiful Shropshire countryside. The entire house is spotless and very well appointed and comfortable. We stayed in the Lavender room which was huge with an enormous en suite bathroom. Everything was spotless and well decorated and the white towels and bathrobes pristine white and fluffy. Mandy and Paul, the owners, did everything they could to make us feel welcome and cared for, from offering to drop us at a good local pub for the evening meal and arranging for a taxi to collect us is we wanted to offering paracetamol when my partner developed a cold. The food was excellent with a good choice of food for breakfast and plenty of fresh cold milk available for teas and coffee in the room.
The welcome and friendliness was outstanding and I can't think of any reason at all why you would not have a lovely stay at this guesthouse. Another guest asked if there was any marmite for his toast (despite the marmalade, jam and honey on offer) and despite searching his kitchen Paul could only come up with a jar of Bovril and looked as if he was totally crushed by the inability to give the guest what they requested. I bet there is a jar of Marmite sitting in the cupboard now though.... The only negative comment I would make is that the bed was very squeaky and noisy and might need a new mattress (super king size) as quite a few springs bonged up when we moved!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Lavender room was the one we had and I would certainly recommend. Didn't see any of the oth...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is an seriously good B&B and on this trip we stayed in none better. Room spotless and well appointed and mine host,Paul, ensured that we wanted for nothing. I might add that he is also no amateur at cooking & serving breakfast........Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms would be of the same high standard so the choice becomes double or twin.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank macca044
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Dovecote Grange is a beautiful B&B with great hosts. I would definitely come back again and use the Dovecote as a base for exploring this part of the Country. The rooms as immaculate and spacious with good attention to detail.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed here with family for two nights.

As soon as we walked in I new we were going to have a wonderful stay. Our host's were very welcoming, and made tea and coffee for us all on arrival. They booked taxi's for us throughout our stay, gave good local info including the recommendation of a wonderful place to eat one night, and a few good pubs in the area.

Breakfast was wonderful, and they were more than accommodating to one of the vegetarians in our party.

The cherry on top? The addition of the wonderful cat and dog.
Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family