“Beautiful accommodation, immaculately clean, great hosts”

Dovecote Grange Guest House
Ranked #21 of 28 Telford B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Dovecote Grange is a beautiful B&B with great hosts. I would definitely come back again and use the Dovecote as a base for exploring this part of the Country. The rooms as immaculate and spacious with good attention to detail.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed here with family for two nights.

As soon as we walked in I new we were going to have a wonderful stay. Our host's were very welcoming, and made tea and coffee for us all on arrival. They booked taxi's for us throughout our stay, gave good local info including the recommendation of a wonderful place to eat one night, and a few good pubs in the area.

Breakfast was wonderful, and they were more than accommodating to one of the vegetarians in our party.

The cherry on top? The addition of the wonderful cat and dog.
Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BluePenguine
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Quiet: comfortable; welcoming and good recommendation s to local eating.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I booked in for a week and stayed for 15 months whilst on a long-term contract in Telford. Paul and Mandy went out of their way to make me welcome in their home, and Holly the dog was always prepared to put up with being stroked. The rooms were always clean and tidy, as well as being well equipped for a long stay. There are two excellent pubs serving food, The Pheasant and The Gate, within walking distance.
Negatives? The stairs creak a bit and the road to Dovecote Grange could get difficult in icy weather (but never did in my time there). Apart from that I have nothing bad to say at all.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I was recommended to the Dovecote Grange by a friend's daughter. I was not disappointed. From the moment I arrived I was made so welcome. Even though there were tea and coffee making facilities in my room, Paul offered me a cup of tea in the lounge. I requested a single room and was very pleasantly surprised. Normally single rooms tend to be like cupboards, but this was really nice, clean and comfortable. I would recommend Dovecote Grange to anybody. The breakfast was delicious, plenty of it. I can only reiterate what other reviewers have said. Dovecote Grange is one of the gems of the hotel industry. Thank you Paul and Mandy for a wonderful stay. I'm sorry it was only for one night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2010

There is'nt very much more one can say about this wonderful guest house that has been said already in other reviews. Only to say that all the praise it receives is well deserved.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2010

The house is situated down a country lane, which is quiet, but just a 6 minute walk to the newsagent, and The Phesant pub, which i can recommend.It serves really nice food,and friendly.
The parents were away when we stayed, so we were looked after by their son, Liam.He made us a pot of tea on arrival,and made us feel we were at home.It is a big house with plenty of space.The room we were allocated was large,with the biggest bed i have slept in.The room was clean and well presented, as well as the bathroom,which was huge.All the furnitue is comfortable, The breakfast was freshly cooked, and very tasty.
Liam was a great host, and his parents should have no worries leaving him in charge again.Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple