All reviews the pub big portions half and half ales on tap pretty village pie portion size duck breast friendly member of staff room was large and comfortable fantastic meal birthday party family meal booked a table food was lovely friday evening fish and chips
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2019

A group of 5 of us booked a table for 2.30pm, arrived in time but wanted a drink in the sunshine first. Staff were very accommodating and we sat to eat about 3pm.
Ordered 4 full roasts and 1 yorkshire wrap. Food arrived swiftly, hot and looked great.
The meat platter was plentiful, new pots, roast pots, green beans, peas, carrots and caul cheese, yorkshire puds, stuffing and lots of gravy. Something for everyone. It was delicious, I think there were 2 new potatoes only that were left!
They do not offer a cheese board due to the lack of interest in it. This was sad for me as I donlt really have a sweet tooth but they cannot cater for the minority which is understandable.
Desserts were ordered, everyone commented how lovely they were. I did order one too and ate some of it, the flavours were excellent.

Overall excellent experience, lovely staff, superb food, highly recommend the Sunday Lunch....... we are already planning our return visit.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2019

My wife and I have been staying close by the inn and decided to visit one Friday evening for something to eat and a pint or two.

The inn seemed quite busy with a birthday party but the staff could fit us in no problem. The meals we had (duck breast and a jacket potato) were a very good size. Although the prices are a little higher than most chain pubs the portion sizes easily make up for this. I’m more than happy to pay a little bit more as long as I leave full-up and enjoy my meal.

A few very nice session ales on tap when we visited and the staff were more than happy to top up my pint (without having to ask I may add) at my table after it had settled. We will certainly visit again while in the area.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2019

Booked at short notice I arrived in the evening was greeted and shown to my room and asked if I'd like a meal. Arrived in the bar to be served a pint of locally brewed, excellent Three Tuns ale and was shown to a table to choose a meal.

I opted for one of their special pies, which when it arrived was big enough for Desperate Dan. I made a heroic effort as it was delicious but was defeated!

The room is above the pub, but was very quiet. Immaculately clean with tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Very comfortable bed with quality bedding and a spacious loo and shower all of which worked supremely well - great water pressure in the shower!

WiFi in the room was very good with strong signal and no drops.

Breakfast was included in my reservation and was freshly cooked to order with quality ingredients. Continental and Smoked Salmon/Scrambled Eggs were an option.

All in all I cannot fault the Shakespeare Inn, very friendly service, thoroughly recommend.

Room tip: Had Room 1 - Can recommend requesting if you have a choice.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2018

Lets face it. The Shakespeare Inn isn't your average High Street pub with rooms to let. This is a class act. It's a little bit "out in the sticks" but is well worth going the extra mile for.
The bar/dining area had lovely tiled floors and scrubbed wood tables. The beer was great (Doom Bar) and was the reasonable price of £3.40 a pint.
I didn't actually eat but the food coming out looked delicious.
The room was well appointed: TV, coffee and tea etc etc. A nice touch was being told that there was free bottled water - just ask at the bar, "so you'd get it cold".
At breakfast I was offered cereals and juice plus coffee. And then the biggest, most delicious Full English breakfast I think I've ever eaten. Let me see: 2 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, 1 sausage, tomato, mushrooms and baked beans. This was all served by a charming lady who I believed was the owner, with great gusto and friendliness - at 8.30 on a Sunday morning. How did she do it?
A truly memorable stay. If I am working in Arleston, Telford next year...BOOK ME IN!

Room tip: I had room 3. Superb!
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Shakespear Inn for 2 nights and we were delighted with the warm welcome we were shown by everybody, from check in, bar staff,the rooms were extremely comfortable and nicely furnished,the food was outstanding both in menu choice and portion size, we definitely stay again as it so close Ironbridge and all the museum's and also good shopping in Telford, Well done everybody

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple