“Functional & Friendly.”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Functional & Friendly.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

2 night stay 1st-3rd November.

Greeted by very friendly staff (they couldn't do any more to help.)
The room was very clean. Bathroom was very clean. The bed was very comfy.
Tea and coffee making services and an abundance of plugs which is great as we usually need to charge several items of technology.
Warm and quiet room- no outside noise.
Very pleasantly surprised by what the hotel offered in terms of service and functionality.
Free premiere inn wifi for half an hour a day included.

The associated Beefeater restaurant was nice (if a little outdated.)
We didn't eat a main meal but had the All You Can Eat hot and buffet breakfast. Quite expensive for £8.25. By the time we came to eat at just after 9.15am most of the bread items had gone (there were only two croissants left!) Decent array of cereals and the fruit was good quality. Tiny cups!!! I had to get up to get several glasses of orange juice!!
The hot food was pretty good quality- especially the bacon. Wasn't too fond of their scrambled eggs!! But again the waiting staff were superb- very friendly!

These guys know their stuff when it comes to delivering good service! All in all a very good value stay that was comfortable and friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank AmberEmTee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stay at the hotel second to none - fantastic bed, room nice & clean, plenty of coffee/ tea etc provided, friendly reception staff.
Breakfast service diabolical - no glasses/ mugs/ juice on arrival. Requested the above three times before they were provided. Waited 55 minutes for breakfast to be served, eggs hard not soft as requested, replacement never arrived, while I was there anyway!!!!
The terrible service only applies to the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
North East
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and found the hotel right next to the station and also easy to access from the A5. I parked in the car park which is free to guests and was given a notice to display in my car window. Reception was small and it did take some time to check in as a party in front of me were taking a while to decide what extras they wanted but receptionist did apologise for the wait and was polite and friendly. I asked for a quiet room and was told I had already been allocated a room on the top floor at the end of the corridor. She asked a colleague to check if the room was ready as I was checking in at 13.30 I was asked if I wanted to book in the beefeater next door for evening meal and accepted the offer. At this point the staff member arrived to say the room was ready but was a twin and not the double I had requested. After a few minutes the room was changed and although I was still on the top floor I was located in the middle of the floor facing the car park. Room was very clean and tidy and big enough for two or three people. Flat screen tv and tea and coffee were in the room. I found the room a bit cold and was able to adjust the temperature with a thermostat on the wall. I dined next door in the Beefeater and food and drink was of a fairly good standard. Service was very good and I opted for a three course meal deal for £13. The atmosphere was also friendly and I didn't mind dining on my own as there were plenty of other people who also looked as if they were on business on their own in the restaurant. Bed was very comfortable and clean linen and plenty of pillows. Only negative was some noise in the corridors which did wake me a few times and the usual inconsiderate guests having a full on conversation outside as they returned to their rooms. I had my ear plugs in so managed a reasonable nights sleep after everyone had settled down but if I had been at the end of the corridor this might have minimised the noise. I also heard an number of children running around and making a noise on the ground floor as I passed through but I think the hotel has put all the kids together as I didn't hear any on the 2nd floor. Breakfast the next morning was in the Beefeater and was also well serviced with plenty of continental choice and hot food cooked to order although I chose to just have fresh fruit and toast. Overall this was a good stay and I particularly liked having somewhere close to dine as other hotels nearby can be expensive for dinner. Customer service was very good and although not luxury I would definitely return here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Excellent Premier Inn Service and everything familiar from visits to others. Very clean, plenty of space, good shower, lots of pillows.

We found the hotel very quiet but the room itself was over warm and we didn't sleep well. The room stat was set high (22 degrees!) and there was no aircon. The only way to cool it was to open the window which was directly over one of the beds and made it too noisy.

As there were three of us, all the beds were made up; the double and the sofa/bed were very comfortable but the pull out with the folding legs was not acceptable. I could feel the frame and the springs through the very thin upholstery.

We also found ourselves short of plug sockets and there were none near the bed which meant I couldn't charge my phone and use it as a clock.

Overall our stay was acceptable and we filled in the above comments, both the positive and negative of the feedback card and left it at reception only to get an email later offering a refund under the Good Night Guarantee. Thank you Premier Inn, a very nice surprise. We would have returned anyway but it is good to know you take feedback seriously even when we didn't complain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great little Premier Inn, clean, tidy & well maintained. Close to the train station and about 10 mins walk from the shopping centre and 15mins from the International centre.The Pub next door is also very welcoming and I found all the staff very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
united kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Choose this hotel for a short mid-week break. From start to finish it was a pleasure to stay here. From arrival to departure the staff were always friendly and helpful. The room itself was the usual standard for this hotel chain, we still haven't worked out the choice of pillows yet. They all feel the same to us. We had two evening meals in the adjoining restaurant, again normal Beefeater fodder but a reasonable price. As previous contributors have already mentioned the breakfast and off course Karen the lady who looks after you in the morning, probably one of the best employees Premier in have and should be recognized as such. We will stay here again especially after buying an annual passport for the museums of the Gorge which are only ten minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Having stayed here over a year ago booking was easy when we had to return to the area to meet with friends. Check in was quick and we were given a nice quiet room at the back of the hotel over the drive way through to the rear car park and next door to the restaurant which does breakfast. The room was a bit different to the usual Premier Inn room but very comfortable even if a bit dated and in need of decorative attention. Reception staff are typical of the friendly people you encounter in Telford and we were made very welcome. Advice was sought on bus services from the station into the town and staff were knowledgable and keen to help. A table booking for the restaurant was made in advance by email and confirmed. Food in the restaurant is good value. Breakfast was part buffet style with hot food ordered from our waitress Karen who has become a bit of an institution. She clucks around the restaurant looking after her chicks and only goes into the kitchen to lay the odd egg - poached, fried or scrambled. Karen works very hard and appears to do at least twice as much as her other colleagues - I hope she is appreciated for her dedication.

Room Tip: This hotel is located next to Telford Central Station with trains to Birmingham and buses into the t...