“Yummy breakfast”

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Essex
“Yummy breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed the the mill house in August as was going to the local Folk Festival. With the friendly welcome and style of decoration in the bedrooms, felt like I was a guest staying at a friends house rather than at a B&B. (I choose B&B's over hotels as I prefer the atmosphere).
I noticed comments about the en-suite being small...trust me I've seen smaller and being quite petite this was not a concern for me.
Like the added touch of the cake each day. It was fun to come back each evening and see what had been left.
The breakfast was gorgeous and just the right size for me. Its the first time I'd tried fresh honey with the honeycomb and it was simply delicious.

1 Thank ladydetemps

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a traditional B&B where you are treated as a favoured guest staying in the family home. We stayed for two nights and had two rooms as we were taking my mum away for the weekend. The bedrooms are comfortable and have everything you expect- toiletries and facilities for making a drink. (The stairs are steep though so folks with mobility problems may have difficulty.) The breakfast was the highlight of the stay- a wide choice on the buffet including stewed damsons, yoghurt, cereals etc then fresh bread both white and brown to enjoy the homemade jams and a full english cooked breakfast with eggs from the chickens or ducks on site, local sausage and bacon, beans , mushroom and tomato. A comfortable bed and a hearty breakfast was provided at a price which was great value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank spendingpension
Wisbech
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

My parents and I stayed here for 2 nights. My room was basic but adequate. My parents' room however, was decidedly scruffy and uninviting. The ensuite was very small (in fact it was so small that the towels were hung on a rail outside the door). There was an unpleasant smell which was very similar to a cat odour. The carpet was disgusting and very stained in several places. For breakfast, my Mum asked for bacon and tomato and instead of giving her an extra piece of bacon, she had a very small piece and one half of a small green tomato and one half of a small red tomato put in front of her which looked very sad and meagre. My Dad and I asked for bacon, egg and beans and I would think we had no more than a dozen beans each. In the past when not requesting certain food types, we have been given more of what we have chosen to fill the plate and set us up for several hours. I had very little sleep both nights due to somebody speaking in the room above me into the early hours of the morning. It seemed like a one way conversation that just droned on and on and was quite loud. On the second morning just as we were about to leave, the owner said she hoped that her son hadn't kept me waken by chatting to his friends on a computer gadget. She informed me that he was in the room above me. At the time, I thought it was other guests talking. When paying good money for bed and breakfast, I expect a comfortable bed, a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast. Unfortunately most of these criteria were fulfilled.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Telford hotels

Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

The welcome was wonderful and the children were thrilled with the animals in the garden. Our room was clean and comfortable and we were given little cakes for tea. The owners were really friendly and helpful. We would definitely go back....

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

We arrived anticipating a lovely old building, refurbished to a high standard and set in lovely grounds which could be enjoyed by guests. The building was very old and impressive and the public breakfast / sitting area was very authentic and what we had expected. This was not the case for our bedroom. We had the family room which was on the top flooor - one double and two single beds. Although the room hosted some lovely wooden beams it was quite basic, i.e. not refurbished to the standard we expected. It was not a room which we felt was relaxing, i.e. it's only real function was somewhere to sleep in. Further disappintment came with the ensuite bathroom which was the size of a cupboard, comprising of a shower and a toilet and the smallest hand wash basin, which was almost impossible to use without water going on the floor.

The grounds were large but we did not consider 'user friendly'. We had to ask if we could walk in them and for example, by the river there was no bench etc. to just sit on and enjoy the setting.

Although the welcome was fine it did lack a little enthusiasm.. We were given milk to make a drink ourselves in our room, where there was some home made tea bread to eat with it, but how more welcoming would it have been to have been made a drink and for it to have been served in the public area.

The highlight of our vist and really appreciated was the breakfast, which was execellent. Much on offer was home-produced - jams, fruit etc.

If the standard of the room had have matched the breakfast this would be a place that people would want to visit again and again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
Buckatree Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge
The Castle Hotel
The Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bishops Castle

Been to The Mill House B&B? Share your experiences!