Hadley Park House Hotel
$99
$135
$120
$73
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge(Telford)(Great Value!)
$158
$56
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Buckatree Hall Hotel(Telford)(Great Value!)
$103
$78
  • Restaurant
The Swan hotel smoke and taphouse(Ironbridge)(Great Value!)
$76
$73
Travelocity
Premier Inn Telford Central Hotel(Telford)(Great Value!)
$71
PremierInn.com
All reviewsafternoon teanew wingsausage rollswest wingbusiness parkwedding breakfastevening receptionwedding venuesconesperfect venueindustrial estateshropshire breakfastthe main houseolder partbirthday partybridal suitewedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We took advantage of a Travelzoo deal at the Hadley Park House hotel and combined it with a visit to the Ironbridge Victorian Village. We had taken note of all of the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and although somewhat sceptical about the £109 offer which included bed, breakfast, afternoon tea, glass of fizz and 3 course dinner, we could not have been more pleased. It certainly ranked amongst the best value for money deals that we have recently experienced and I would wholeheartedly recommend the hotel on just about every front.

I booked 2 double rooms on the deal and was advised that a wedding celebration was also taking place on the same dates and that there maybe some noise beyond midnight - which wasn't a problem for us. The wedding party was underway on our arrival but we still managed to clear check-in with ease and courtesy and our rooms were assigned on the first floor of the new wing. The rooms easily compared favourably with a recent Hilton booking and we had no complaints whatsoever. Ours was a large room overlooking the fields; decent sized bathroom with a modern walk-in shower; very comfortable king sized bed with good quality cotton linen; ample storage space and a tea/coffee/biscuit tray. If I had one extremely minor criticism it would be that the TV would have been better if wall mounted since the high bed made it slightly difficult to view the Six Nations Rugby (England v Wales - boooo! ) when lying down.

Our afternoon tea (served in the bar) comprised mixed sandwiches and cakes/scones and cream with choice of tea or coffee and was nicely presented on a cake stand. We had pre-dinner drinks in the bar with very acceptably priced Prosecco and a Temperanillo red wine. The waiter in the bar (sorry - forgotten his name) was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

The restaurant (in the conservatory) had been cleared from the afternoon wedding meal and their party moved to another room for the evening celebrations. It was pretty full by 8.30 pm and we all commented that it created a nice atmosphere in a high quality setting. The table was nicely decorated with quality cutlery, glassware, linen and a centre-piece floral arrangement. The menu was fairly limited but perfectly adequate with a number of the dishes stating a supplement over and above the Travelzoo deal but nothing outrageous - £2, £3 or £4 at the most.

We had our free glass of fizz and received an amouse bouche of smoked salmon which was lovely and 3 of us had pigeon breast starters and I had the Shropshire blue cheese mousse. No complaints at all. Chosen mains included chicken breast, medallions of steak and sea bass - all beautifully presented by an obviously good chef and all thoroughly enjoyed. Desserts were equally impressive.

The Shropshire breakfast was another delight - bacon, egg, sausage, tomatoe, mushroom, black pudding, baked beans and hash brown - and not a sign of grease in sight. Plenty of toast, tea and coffee accompanied the breakfast and we left fully satisfied.

The one thing that makes Hadley Park House so special is the customer service and the obvious attention paid to the training of their staff - it is far better than we have experienced in many 4 & 5 star hotels and it is a real credit to the owners that it all works so well - and with a smile! Considering they were so busy with a wedding party and a full restaurant, there wasn't an ounce of panic amongst the team - in fact we all commented on the "calm" portrayed by the team. A good many hotels could take a lession from this crew and I would guess that many of the team are long serving and very happy in their respective roles.

Previous reviewers have mentioned the fact the hotel is positioned on an industrial park but future guests needn't worry - the hotel is on the edge of the development, set in it's own grounds and is very nicely landscaped - and rather than worry about a few office buildings, take advantage of the fact that it is so close to the motorway and to the historic Ironbridge Gorge Museums which so amply demonstrate the importance of our industrial heritage.

Top marks to all concerned for a customer experience at Hadley Park House.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lesley P, Public Relations Manager at Hadley Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Andyccpc

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to read that you all enjoyed your stay at Hadley Park House Hotel. Sorry that the rugby score wasn't perhaps as you would have liked!

All of our reviews are shared with our team, so they will be aware of the kind comments that you have made. Customer service is extremely important here, so we are delighted to read that it was a 'job well done'!

We do hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We chose the hotel following a Travelzoo offer (to celebrate our 44th Wedding Anniversary) and because we had never visited Shropshire before. When I made the booking I was informed that there was a wedding planned for one of the nights originally chosen.This gave us the opportunity to change the dates, which we did. We have been to other hotels where this was not done so this is a real plus in our opinion.

The reception staff were welcoming and helpful. I sneaked down later to order some flowers for the next day and was impressed by the service received - all went to plan. I had forgotten about the included afternoon tea so this was a really pleasant surprise with a good choice of sandwiches and cakes.

The room was well proportioned and had all the facilities we expected. We were really impressed with the food and service in the restaurant, so much so that we chose to eat there on both nights. Although the menu was the same on each occasion there was enough choice for us, The staff were more than willing to make changes such as substituting vegetables etc.

We agree that although the hotel is in its own, well maintained grounds, it is close to a business park and the opportunity to walk off a lovely meal is restricted.

Overall we had a lovely wedding anniversary and the staff are a real credit to the hotel, a fact I commented on when paying the bill.

We have given an overall rating of 4 but would have given a 4.5 if we could have.

Dear 67fer

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hadley Park House Hotel. Thank you for chossing to celebrate your 44th anniversary with us!!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay (particularly as it was for such a special occasion). Customer service is a priority at the hotel, and your kind comments regarding our staff will be shared with the entire team.

Once again, thanks for reviewing us and we do hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Visited 3 Hotels in 3 days as part of my birthday. The first was the Hadley Park House Hotel. We stayed on a travelzoo offer and were shown to our bedroom, in the main building, No.2. First impressions of the bedroom, impressive. The room is L shaped with a two seater settee and is clean, comfortable and quiet. I should add the bedroom door takes 17 seconds to automatically close on entering or leaving. The staff were amiable and attentive, The food was good and the restaurant is situated in a large conservatory to the right of the entrance in my picture of the Hotel. As regards the location there are a number of large buildings, housing probably IT companies, and should not be considered as part of an industrial estate.

Room Tip: If you are allocated room No 2 there is no need to upgrade.

Dear Wanderer74Wigan

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and thank you for choosing to stay with us as part of your birthday celebrations.

All of our reviews are shared with the entire team, so we will make sure they read your kind comments.

We do hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

What a lovely hotel - good food, good location(well, Shropshire is nice even if Telford isn't), nice staff, pleasant rooms that are well decorated and modern.

All totally ruined by the hotel having a function that went on past 1am on Saturday night, leaving me, my wife, my parents, and my baby, all with a sleepless night that we had the privelege of paying for.

It started well - we arrived on Friday and had Afternoon Tea - very pleasant, before relaxing and then enjoying the 2 AA Rosette meal. The food was good, though the menu was a little limited as both my mother and wife were not able to choose anything that they wanted as a starter.

We had a good night's sleep - and enjoyed a good brekkie the day afterwards too. After a day out we were expecting another good night's sleep and then our weekend would have been done. However instead, we were left awake until past 1AM by the hotel having both a Wedding and a Birthday Party in their function rooms. These consisted mostly of a very loud DJ who decided that playing disco hits late into the night/early morning was what not only the party people wanted, but the whole of the hotel. My Parents complained twice to no avail, and when I did the same I was informed (nicely) that it was hotel policy to inform guests before they arrive of any functions.

Needless to say they had not done this for us - if we had known that there was a party we would have understood, booked one night and had a pleasant weekend. Instead we left feeling very tired and unhappy because of the terrible night's sleep.

I would love to reccomend this hotel because it's great - and could be even better. But until they learn that their guests are as important as their functions, i suspect more people will be left with sleepless nights at the weekend. When i informed the hotel staff I was told that the manager (Martin) would try to speak to me to apologise. Well I saw the gentleman twice before i left and he made no effort to do so, so I am guessing that my complaint fell in the bin after I left the desk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Lesley P, Public Relations Manager at Hadley Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear JoeS

Further to your review, obviously we are very sorry to read that there were issues with your stay but I hope that I may provide a little more information by way of explanation.

Whenever we have guests who book into the hotel that are not associated with a function, we always advise them in advance that there are events taking place and that as a result there may be a little noise. We always tell people in advance of booking so that they are fully aware and they then have the option to choose an alternative date to stay. I am sorry that you did not seem aware of this. We do always ask our DJ to reduce the noise levels one it gets to a later hour.

I am also sorry that you felt that the menu was a little limited. If we are aware of any special dietary requirements in advance, then we will do everything to cater for this and provide suitable alternatives. I have been advised that we were made aware of your parties' special diets and that our Chef did buy in special food to accommodate this.

I am sorry that our manager Mark (not Martin) did not speak to you on check out. Had he been made aware of the issue then he would definitely have done so. Guest experience is paramount, and as you will have read on many reviews here on trip Advisor, we do everything we can to ensure that people have an enjoyable and memorable stay. If there are ever issues we try to rectify these at the time, so I am surprised that this did not happen. Having not been at the hotel when you checked out, unfortunately I cannot comment as to why this was not offered / did not happen. If you would like Mark to get in touch, could you please email the hotel with convenient contact details?

I am sorry that you felt that despite Hadley Park House Hotel offering 'good food, good location, nice staff and pleasant well decorated modern rooms' that the hotel only deserved 1 out of 5. We did try to go that extra mile; as I mentioned with the specially bought-in food, and also I believe with the additional tourist information that we provided. I am sorry that you still felt that we fell someway short on this occasion.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hadley Park House Hotel for four nights for a birthday break.

The main reason for choosing this hotel was that we were lucky to get a great deal through Travel Zoo and were aware that the hotel was near Ironbridge which we wanted to visit.

When we arrived, we were disappointed to find that the Hotel is situated in the middle of an industrial estate surrounded by busy dual carriageways. We like to go for a walk in the evenings but this wasn't possible from the hotel.

Despite the poor location, we couldn't fault the hotel itself. We were greeted by a very helpful lady at reception who showed us to our room.

Our room was situated in the main building and was very nice, a good size and with a very comfortable bed . The room had a selection of teas, coffees and hot chocolate as well as two small packets of biscuits. The bathroom was clean and modern although the shower pressure was very weak.

We had afternoon tea served in the morning room which included salmon sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, carrot cake, scones with jam and cream and a pot of tea. This was very tasty and was nicely presented.

On one evening we had a three course meal in the restaurant. Each course was beautifully presented and tasted divine.

On a separate evening we had a meal off the bar menu which was of equal taste and quality.

We found all the staff in the hotel very friendly and helpful and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

This hotel is well worth staying at as long as you've got a car and are prepared for its location.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear RubeusMinerva

Thank you for your review of Hadley Park House Hotel. I am pleased to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us.

As you mentioned, we are in a town location, but many reviews on Trip Advisor mention, the hotel is cleverly landscaped so that it is completely self-contained.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food (thank you for attaching the photographs to your review too). We pride ourselves on the food quality and try to offer an extensive and flexible menu particularly for guests like yourselves who were staying for a few nights.

I do hope that we will welcome you again in the near future.

Thanks again