Just returned home after a week at the International Hotel whilst on a training course a couple of miles down the road.Despite a group of 20 youngsters checking in, the staff had the sense to check solo guests in at other end of the desk so well done.Room was very nice, superbly clean and comfortable.Rooms are currently being re kitted out and my rooms new iron and board hadn't been put in but it was there all ready on my return later on.Apparently there was a problem with the heating and I know many people including my colleague had a real problem with it.This is really unacceptable ,especially when there is snow on the ground outside and it was very unfair of senior management / owners to do pretty much nothing about it, which is easy when you aren't on the front line, and let the front line reception staff take all the stick and abuse for your mismanagement of the situation...shame on you.
Having said all that, my room wasn't a bit cold, it was perfect.What wasn't perfect though was the complete lack of mobile signal and wi if signal only if I stood behind the room door, outside the bathroom. Imagine if I'd payed for a weeks worth.Id be cross if it was free and hadn't worked!!
Here is an idea for you...create an Internet cafe, do some nice things to eat with your drink, give free wi fi for the day on purchase of a beverage..not quite free wi fi which it should be anyway,but not bad.
A big thank you to the staff who were absolutely fantastic, helpful friendly every single one of them and I'm sure have helped in securing repeat business.
A bit strange going over to the holiday inn for dinner but goodness me what a great restaurant. Roasted pork loin with the best crackling ever and the baked strawberry cheesecake, lovely and this on the cheaper three course meal deal.Went onto the maim menu twice and had the sirloin with handcut chips ,baby tomatoes and big flat mushrooms...superb.
Thank you Dave for looking after us too.
Deep joy to find the continental breakfast in the main hotel included bacon, perfect.
Overall then, a few things need sorting but im looking forward to returning again, may even bring the family up one weekend for a bit of shopping. Once again very well done to the staff and thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Hotel has a contemporary feel with first class service and comfort for guests. The hotel is fully air conditioned and has its own bar where you can dine in, choosing from the bar menu. The hotel is part of Southwater Event Group and is next door to sister hotel, Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge, which has the Olive Tree Restaurant offering a la carte and table d'hote service. For a small charge, guests can use the Revive Leisure club with its indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, spa pool and gym. Appointments can be made with the on-site beautician. The International Hotel is 5 minutes' walk from Telford's undercover Shopping Centre and Southwater Entertainment Quarter with IMAX Cinema, ice rink and ten pin bowling. Nearby is the wonderful Telford Town Park which offers acres of woodland walks and free fun in the many play areas, alongside high ropes, zip wire and mini golf activities. Located 2 minutes' drive from the M54 and a short drive to the Ironbridge Gorge, guests at the hotel benefit from free entry to Wonderland Adventure playground, located 5 minutes' walk away; and heavily discounted tickets for top Shropshire tourist attractions are available from the Hotel Reception. The International Hotel has free on site car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your International Hotel Telford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Telford International Hotel
- International Hotel Telford England