“Fantastic community pub with fab food”

The Kynnersley Arms
Ranked #9 of 246 Restaurants in Telford
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantastic community pub with fab food”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I'd like to say what a wonderful friendly local pub the kynn is, it's lovely to see a traditional bar serving local ales and a mixture of quality draught beers.
All the locals seem to enjoy the bar area, with a separate area for diners wanting good honest home cooked food with a Mediterranean twist.
The kynn team are always helpful and smiley and can't do enough to help.
Keep up the good work guys! X

3 Thank CharlieJeffer

Willenhall, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable Birthday treat”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We visited the pub on a Saturday night as a birthday treat for my wife. I had driven past the place through my work on many occasions for some years. I had seen the place up for sale then being refurbished then the reopening. The menu sounded good, so we ordered four meals. We were not disapointed, the food was as good as it sounded. The service was spot on, and the log fire was kept in full blaze in case anyone should feel a chill. I would recommend the place very highly. We will consider another visit soon. Thank you for an enjoyable evening.

2 Thank DAM2111
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Marvellous food, shame about the mouthy circus of chav regulars”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

myself and a party of 10 recently had a Saturday evening birthday meal at the Kynnersley. We had been looking forward to this as the menu looked fantastic as did the redesigned interior.
Both in booking and on arrival the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food delivered was excellent as one might expect from the above average prices charged.

However the evening was an absolute ordeal of unpleasantness, due entirely to the ambience of the place being totally overwhelmed by the mouthy regular clientèle of CHAVS who basically turned the place into a circus of loud mouthed drunken attention seeking. We were jostled at the table by their attempts to gain access to the bar, we could not hear ourselves speak let alone enjoy the wider company of our group because of their overbearing loudness and embarrassing behaviour, without exception everyone in our part felt uncomfortable and ill at ease throughout the whole meal. On this particular occasion no management were in attendance to deal with complaint and subsequent emails have been ignored.

This is such as shame as the food itself was absolute perfection..

If the management of this establishment wish to charge the high prices they do for undeniably top quality food then they must deliver an eating experience in an ambience to suit.

Sadly, whilst the clientèle and ambience remain so badly mismanaged; and I have heard this is a regular occurrence, neither myself nor any of my party will be returning nor able to recommend to others, which is an absolute shame as the chef is excellent and the food simply stunning.

Visited October 2013
6 Thank PJHayward
TheKynn, Manager at The Kynnersley Arms, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
I apologise for the delay in replying to your email but you should have now received a response from myself personally. As mentioned this was an unexpected reunion party which unfortunately impacted on bar area and subsequently your party; had we known about this we would have sat your table elsewhere, but we did try to manage the situation as well as we could on the night. Once again I apologise for you disappointing experience and I look forward to hearing from you with regard to my email.
Emily
Ironbridge
“idyllic!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

An authentic country pub serving good Shropshire beer (and reasonably priced wine ) which serves authentic Italian cuisine.

At 8.00 on a crisp,clear November evening we sat in the bay window seat facing a blazing log fire, eating delicious foodI. Even though it was a very quiet Tuesday evening, the atmosphere and service was warm and welcoming. Chef came out to take the order and offer advice!

We both ordered the same. Large tender chunks of calmari in a crisp batter with a carefully prepared herby salad were followed by the Chef' s recommendation. This was a delicious smoked chicken risotto accompanied by by wonderfully light focaccia.

The bill was £53.00 which included a pint of 'Gold' and a bottle of good Italian house red.

On a cold Autumn night it doesn't come much better than this - even in Shropshire!

2 Thank Pete J
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Sunday carvery is the best I have ever had. The selection of vegtables varies from week to week, the variety of meats is superb. The staff are always very welcoming, making for a blissful Sunday lunch. The Symonds cider also is well worth a try! We have visted a few times, and on each occasion the service and the food has been outstanding. totally recommend :)

2 Thank cscmw