“What a fantastic Sunday lunch”

Hundred House Hotel Dining
Ranked #5 of 243 Restaurants in Telford
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
lincoln
“What a fantastic Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Was lucky enough to be treated to Sunday lunch 2 weeks ago....fabulous!
Spoilt for choice with lovely starters and mains, cooked to perfection.
Gorgeous pudding and set in such a beautiful place full of character.
Would recommend to anyone that wants a decent quality Sunday lunch, and while you are there have a look round the pretty gardens.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank darcydiddle

“Now I know why the food is so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I felt I must post a review of the hundred house. We visited at Christmas for a family birthday in the barn together with about one hundred other party goers. The food was superb and we were all served together and the food was piping hot. The staff worked like clockwork and we had a great night.

We were so impressed my wife booked me onto the master chef day that Stuart runs several times a year and I attended the February course.

We were taught some basic knife skills and fish filleting and then watched and participated in making some lovely dishes. The key things I learned were about tastes and flavours and how to season and combine herbs and spices and why.

The food is so good at this hotel because of the produce they use and the care and passion that goes into creating such wonderful dishes.

Go and try it, you will not be disappointed

• Visited February 2014
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“I'd like to come back 100 times!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Well, not to be mean to my parents but they often take us to restaurants aimed at the slightly older market or where Sunday lunch is a roast and you are lucky to get a second option. Well, I take it all back after they took us to the Hundred House.

Easy distance from Wolverhampton and car park was well spaced for a small car park. We were mega early for our booking as we took less time travelling than planned but they were able to seat us straight away. I spied a few real ales and as a CAMRA member, this was important. First I tried a Three tuns pale beer and this was in good condition. I forget the name of it but it was low in alcohol so a good choice for my dad who was driving us home.

Out came the menu. Wow! This is not your usual sunday roast and two veg place - they even had oysters on the starters! It took me some time to decide!

I eventually opted for the seafood platter and it was excellent. Well thought out salad (fennel), smoked fish, a couple of garlic mussels, some tangy prawns and a crab mousse type concoction that even my crustacean fearing father tried and loved! He had a mini burger - very good quality meat and I'd recommend they offer this as a main as well! My mom had a tasty stack of apple, black pudding and cheese sauce. There were other bits to it, but I forget! I also have completly forgot what the husband had!

For mains, my partner and I chose the same. A very meaty bit of gamey breast which I think was pheasant but again, can't quite remember. Gratin potatoes complimented the dish well but the roast potatoes were out of this world! Why can't I get mine like that!? I need their trade secret! The jus was very rich and dark, full of flavour. The chef came by to ask how our mains were and offered more of this - we were quick to say yes! By now, I had moved on to Three Tuns Stout and this was the perfect match for the main I had. How refreshing to be able to match real ale to food and not just have a wine.

My parents chose different mains, My mom had the "traditional" sunday dinner but it very good quality and well cooked. To me, this isn't my cup of tea but my mom was very happy. My Dad opeted for the belly pork and was equally impressed - apparently there is a video of the chef making this on the pub website. I must remember to look! I believe they also use real ale in this dish so I must choose it next time!

Normally, I'd bypass desserts and go for the cheese board but as they had a good selection, we opted for the sweet choice. I had a creme brulee that was huge and came with a wonderfully scented rosemary biscuit. Very good. I made a lot of "mmmm" noises so apologies to the other diners! My partner doesn't like many desserts but doesn't mind a good quality cheesecake and was very pleased with what he was served. My mom had a latte and although it took a while to come, due to the size of the desserts, we all finished at the same time. My Dad had a dessert but I forgot which! I'm shocked how much I have forgotten - I think this means I need a return visit soon.

We asked for the bill and due to a mishap, it was somewhat less than we thought, we checked and they'd missed off some of the beers so once, corrected we quickly paid and left feeling very full and happy.

Service wise - they were a little scatty at times as we were served by a number of friendly staff but this almost added to the charm! Nothing was a problem and the food was of an excellent quality. Toilets were funny! Wooden bench style - an old fashioned style suited to the pub! Very clean throughout.

Great stuff, please don't change!

• Visited March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

There wasn't much choice for non meat eaters as the fish dish and one of the veggie dishes had meat with them. However they made me a veggie meze to start and the veggie option for main was lovely

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sharon F
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went here for a family celebration after recommendation and i have to say i was a bit let down. It probably wasnt the best place for us as we like very modern, contemporary places and this takes 'old world charm' to the extreme, the toilets were awful!!! The staff are excellent, no complaints there and the menu looked good but there were disappointments. We were given warm bread and canapes, the veloute and vegitable chips were very good but the bread was basically thick slices of brown and white, quite unimaginative. Starters were nice but nowhere near enough toast with the pate, quite a sizeable slab of terrine but only two tiny pieces of round toasted bread. Then we waited for mains, and waited, and waited....30 minutes between courses is way too long and the restaurant wasnt that busy. When they arrived the venison and duck met with approval but the monkfish and prawns not as nice, prawns very rubbery and monkfish definately needed acouple more minutes cooking. We didnt have dessert just coffee which was excellent. Would i return? No, too far out of the way, car parking inadequate and overflow parking very dark and awkward, and just waited too long. I would like to have rated it better but our experience was just average, sorry hundred house!

• Visited January 2014