“Lots of teaspoons and not as good as it used to be ”

Euston Way Beefeater
Ranked #74 of 353 Restaurants in Telford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for lunch on a Saturday 2 adults and 2 children. The children ordered meatballs for starter which came looking very pale and served with a teaspoon to eat with, they looked like they had just been microwaved, they arrived without dipping sauce, which we asked for and then these arrived with teaspoons. For main course I had a burger which was tasty but very greasy. The other adult had haddock and chips which she said was ok and had had better before. My daughter had meatball pasta served with a teaspoon and my son had burger and chips served with a teaspoon. The waitress asked if we wanted any sauces which we did and had ketchup and mayo and these arrived with 4 teaspoons. The kids meals looked a bit over cooked and dry but they seemed to enjoy it. The children had ice cream for dessert the waitress brought 2 teaspoons, then when she brought the ice cream she brought another 2 teaspoons. It was an ok meal but expect better for the prices of the main courses. Also not sure why they kept giving us teaspoons, I counted we were given 14 teaspoons throughout the meal

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (605)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent food, excellent customer service and excellent prices. It's a great place for friends / family meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Premier inn next to the Beefeater, with my friend and daughter who uses a wheelchair.
Access excellent.
All staff were friendly,plus very professional ,we had breakfasts and 2 evening meals.
The restaurant was clean and bright. The tables were spacious and you didn't feel cramped.
The choice of food for breakfast was good ,they could make proper poached eggs!
Their main menu was also extensive and when we had queries they checked the ingredients.
Who ever is the main manager should congratulate their lovely staff as they are a credit to the company. They made our short break away very enjoyable.
My daughter says a big hello to Manisha .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Premier Inn breakfasts do differ depending on the location. This was one of the best. All items were available, the tasty coffee was in an urn rather than a Costa push button machine, and the staff very friendly and attentive. Well done. Special mention to Shane for his cheery service.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Have eaten here in the past, sometimes good, sometimes not good. Unfortunately this occasion was a "not so good". Started with a prawn cocktail. The sauce was minimal, and the lettuce was so watery that there was a decent drink of water in the bottom of the bowl. Quite spoilt the prawn cocktail. Sadly the main course was even worse. It was meant to be a mixed grill with a side of onion rings. I did ask for the steak to be well done - did not mean that I wanted everything else burnt! The onion rings did not appear until I was at least half way through the meal. The sausages were so burnt that I had to cut them in half and leave the burnt half. Very very disappointed and very much doubt that I will eat in this establishment again. Surprising - since the cooked breakfast was usually delicious.

Date of visit: July 2019